First for everything...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
due to this brutal global warming we are experiencing.....my jobs canceled today....we got down to 18 last night and are not expected to break above freezing until later this after noon....set up heaters in the truck last night and the arctic wind that was blowing in was just cutting thru me... I was getting bad flash backs of sitting on the frozen lake in MN trying to catch some stupid fish.........this is the coldest Feb on record here in sunny warm AZ....

So today....I am going to put on my smurf slippers..put on another pot of coffee and fire up the wii came....and do some hot pursuit and call it a day..........you all stay warm...I know some are going thru worse then us right now........

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Enjoy the day. Maybe you can get some fish for dinner?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm staying in...and I'm supposed to be doing a job.

The roads are thick ice.

I made the mistake of trying to make it to the bank yesterday....there were little train tracks of road that had been worn through the ice.
About half way there...the train tracks got thinner and thinner. :shock:

Saw a dude hit a tree, people sliding everywhere....and this was about a 4 block drive. :shock: :shock:

I'm "cool"....staying in. I don't care if I was going to get 100% or not. :mrgreen:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Brian R said:
I'm staying in...and I'm supposed to be doing a job.

The roads are thick ice.

I made the mistake of trying to make it to the bank yesterday....there were little train tracks of road that had been worn through the ice.
About half way there...the train tracks got thinner and thinner. :shock:

Saw a dude hit a tree, people sliding everywhere....and this was about a 4 block drive. :shock: :shock:

I'm "cool"....staying in. I don't care if I was going to get 100% or not. :mrgreen:

went up to allen early friday and the ice on 75 must have been damn near 1.5 to 2 inches thick in some places. i live close to cowboys stadium and they have been taking very good care of the roads to access the stadium, but the further you get from the stadium the more you can tell where all the county sanding/plowing and salting assets are being used.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had to have 100' of line outside yesterday in below freezing and my vac line started to freeze up.

I think a loop of it by the door froze overnight in the van and the restriction froze even more instantly when it hit the cold stainless.

Winter fun!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It happens, the guys were out extracting in sub zero weather and ice forms at the vacuum inlet until it full blocks it up and you have to shut down and chip it out of the way.

Then when it came time to dump, the ball valve is froze shut and you snap the ears off as you turn the handle.

Ain't winter fun! :x

T

The Magician

Jim what are you heating your truck to keep from freezing?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I put a radiant heater in the front and one that oscillates heat towards the rear to help push everything around...it got brutally cold here and I had no problems with the truck....the box is really air tight..so that helped...

Jimbo

Kind of helps not having a hole in the floor for drive belts to run through!

I made a breeze stopper out of some 2" thick foam rubber for my Gigantor truck and the Vortex to cover that hole...and cut some slits in it for the belts to fit in...then slid it in at night to slow the air flow down.

Glad to hear everything stayed toasty, Jim!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Us too, we had a couple dozen water losses from pipe breaks last week.

3-days of sub zero temps should give us another go around........hopefully not any repeats from last week!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You suck Mr Wheelwright! :p

Actually once we get past tonight we begin a warm up, mid 50's from Sunday on, possibly 58 next Thursday. That's 50-degree turn around from this morning. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom