First impressions of new DriMaster

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Instruction manual sez:

"The HydraMaster driMaster HiFlo upholstery tool takes the performance and technology of the original dirMaster upholstery tool to a whole new level.

The new tool is designed of lightweight, extremely durable modern materials, giving it new levels of both strength and comfort. It is wider to accomodate high volume jobs where production rate is important. An optional accessory handle is available to increase comfort on long cleaning jobs.

At the request of many of our customers, the driMaster HiFlo tool is capable of greatly increased solution flow rates for jobs that require a flushing action which also makes the tool efficient for stair cleaning...

...Keep in mind that although the solution flow rate has greatly increased for the driMaster HiFlo, this tool will leave the upholstery drier than any other tool on the market by turning down the flow rate to equal that of the original driMaster tool."

Used it for the first time today:

Once I got the flow dialed in, it was fast and thorough, leaving the fabric quite dry in one pass.

Head seems wide for some areas. For example, I needed to make sideways chops along the arm of a chair instead of one stroke down the length.

Contact area is on the underside instead of the end.

Howls like a banshee.

Window is cool.

No overspray.

Relatively lightweight.

"Lightweight, extremely durable modern materials" look like easily-scuffed plastic to me.

Leaks a lot of vacuum at the swivel, but doesn't seem to effect performance.

Uses a lot of water. (Should have a trigger?) Better have an APO.

Fundamentally different from the HyDry I'm used to. I'll give it more time while keeping the HyDry on the truck.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i saw one the other day and it looked and felt smooth.

i like the new Drimaster tool, i really like the window in it to.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Richard:

I didn't notice a sharp edge or have a problem with snagging.

TimP

I'd like to know how much faster they are compared to the regular DM

So that I'd know if it's worth it to buy one since I already have the regular DM.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Tim:

I've never used the original driMaster, but from the literature, the differences seem to be wider head and faster flow. The wider head is an advantage on open areas, but a disadvantage for small areas. And, according to the instruction manual, you have to turn the flow down to get dry times equal to the original tool.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I have a dm and of course works great, but I have to dial down flow rate next to almost nothing to keep it from spitting out spray.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Weebco said:
I have a dm and of course works great, but I have to dial down flow rate next to almost nothing to keep it from spitting out spray.

Ditto, mine spits the solution out the middle of the tool if i turn it up too much. I would love to have the new tool, the first one is too narrow, it takes forever to finish a sofa. Maybe the best of both worlds would be to carry both tools. New one for the majority of the work and the old one for the details. Is the new one readily available?

TimP

When the solution gets hot again you have to turn it down more as it starts spitting again. I find myself adjusting the flow frequently. And the valve on the drimaster is easy to hit while cleaning. And adjusting the knob by the quick connect is a pain also. Needles to say I like the new knob better as it doesn't stick out like the origional.

Rambo

Just got the "new" DM uph tool this week. Used it to clean some dining room chairs, love it, worked great, beats the CFR tool I have. Very light and easy to use, fits into the crevices really well. The width of the head makes cleaning faster too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom