first impressions of the Bentley

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I brought home a new 14" swivel Bentley from MF

the wand came with four 11002 brass veejets..
They need check valves as they suffer the same drip as the Ti.
Think I'll try Joe Bristor's check valves this time, as my hero Jim Martin says they're working well for him on his Ti wands .
I'll also add the strainer before the wand valve ala the Ti and HF sprayers

besides the drips, my first impressions are favorable.
Used it on a cut pile nylon for a minute today.
I'd would of stayed longer, but the red stains I was working on weren't responding well to stain removers so I got pi$$ed off after trying several different red stain removers and left Shane to finish cleaning the joint.

Dry times seemed to be as good, if not better as our glided and pimped Ti wand .
But our Ti does flow more water.

we have an empty 2200 sf house to clean Wed.
If my schedule allows, I'll follow the Little Genies to that one and do some side by side evaluations against our Ti

I'm going to tweak the manifold a bit as it was spraying to the end on one side, but a tad short on the other

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

the barrell on the wand is interesting and appears to be solid construction

the multitude of brass elbows that make up the jet assembly make it look like a proto type wand

one swift back stroke up against something hard and it looks like it might snap off

I hope you didn't pay more than 450 for it because they offered me a bentley wand at that price and said it listed for 619 or something like that. I am assuming it was a prototype wand. I just didn't like the fact that the jets were less than a half inch off the carpet and actually touched the carpet when it was swiveled. The guy that won the bentley offered to sell his as well for 400. I have been down that road with other wands that need to be modified from overspray or streaking. When I saw all the brass fittings and elbows I knew that wand would be a nightmare to keep tuned. For me to buy a bentley it would need to have an overspray guard and the jet manifold would need to be one solid piece. It needs some work. For now I am just going to use my glided rx and prochem wands. Nothing compares to the modified rx for flushing heavy soiled carpet or cgd.

Let me know how you like it. I used it outside and it was not terrible but not great either. There was one 12 inch greenhorn that was absolutely perfect. I would have bought it but I just really don't need another wand.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fred boyle said:
the multitude of brass elbows that make up the jet assembly make it look like a proto type wand

one swift back stroke up against something hard and it looks like it might snap off

there are a couple other wands on the market that have a low head with jet manifold extending beyond .The Caxtex maybe???

anyway, my concern hasn't ever been ramming things on the back stroke, but more a concern of crew abuse while yanking the wand out of a cluttered van or stuffing it back in

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

Daniel,

Is it your experience that the glided RX cleans better than an unglided RX ?

I assumed that it would just make it easier to run ( not that its hard anyways ) and for better extraction but you might be giving up some agitation in the process.

Thanks
Fred

F

FB7777

meAt said:
fred boyle said:

there are a couple other wands on the market that have a low head with jet manifold extending beyond .The Caxtex maybe???

anyway, my concern hasn't ever been ramming things on the back stroke, but more a concern of crew abuse while yanking the wand out of a cluttered van or stuffing it back in

..L.T.A.

at least the Castex HAS a manifold ... whether your crew rams it on a back stroke or yanks it out of a cluttered van either way its broken its a poor design

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
my bentley has been getting yanked and pulled out of the van for 4 months no damages. Oh and i ran over it with my golf cart to haha

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
I hope you didn't pay more than 450 for it because they offered me a bentley wand at that price and said it listed for 619 or something like that.

I believe it lists for $659, Dan.
what "I" paid is between me and the disty.

But let me share something with you, Dan, and this isn't specific to this particular instance.

if you negotiate a price for chems, tools, and/or services that the vendor hasn't made public, it's bad etiquette (IMO) to share the details with others .
Keep your "private" dealings "private", or they may not be so willing to "wheel and deal" with you again

example... if you tell Joe Schmoe you got 50 pounds of Powermax from Larry Cobb for 30% less than Joe Schmoe pays, Larry and Joe might be a little bummed about that

..L.T.A.

fred boyle said:
Daniel,

I assumed that it would just make it easier to run ( not that its hard anyways ) and for better extraction but you might be giving up some agitation in the process.

Thanks
Fred

Hydramaster went to the half slot to make it easier to operate. I am assuming the full slot bounced on cgd. With slot glides, full slots, five jets (7.5) flow, four to the door, and the Everest wide open, I have not cleaned with a better combo. The glides make it a lot easier to run. I never use the rx for residential just commercial. I am using it this weekend. I will shoot some video of this bad ass combo.

meAt said:
danielc said:
I hope you didn't pay more than 450 for it because they offered me a bentley wand at that price and said it listed for 619 or something like that.

But let me share something with you, Dan, and this isn't specific to this particular instance.

if you negotiate a price for chems, tools, and/or services that the vendor hasn't made public, it's bad etiquette (IMO) to share the details with others .
Keep your "private" dealings "private", or they may not be so willing to "wheel and deal" with you again

example... if you tell Joe Schmoe you got 50 pounds of Powermax from Larry Cobb for 30% less than Joe Schmoe pays, Larry and Joe might be a little bummed about that

..L.T.A.

Sorry. :wink:

You are absolutely right. I think they were just trying to unload them so they can redesign the wand.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
fred boyle said:
Daniel,

Thanks
Fred

Hydramaster went to the half slot to make it easier to operate. I am assuming the full slot bounced on cgd. With slot glides, full slots, five jets (7.5) flow, four to the door, and the Everest wide open, I have not cleaned with a better combo. The glides make it a lot easier to run. I never use the rx for residential just commercial. I am using it this weekend. I will shoot some video of this bad ass combo.

Why would the RX20 after being out so many years bounce? They did it to try and cut down on dry times, in which only made cleaning take longer and clean uneven because of the cone jets. There's a reason people switch back to the original design, it just works better. I have to agree with Fred on loosing some agitation but gaining more water extraction.

danielc said:
meAt said:
danielc said:

..L.T.A.

Sorry. :wink:

You are absolutely right. I think they were just trying to unload them so they can redesign the wand.

A wise old man once told me this famous quote.

"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I LIKE this wand, boys and girls

it kicks azz.
it really does

used it today on a moderately soiled, builder's grade cut pile nylon

at 450 psi (measured with wand triggered) it cleaned better than our pimped Ti on the heaviest soiled area we could find.
all three of us agreed it did a better job.

the drawback was pile jet distortion
I had to tweak the jet angle a tad to relieve some of the jet pile distortion at that PSI.
I turned it more toward the wand lips and it made a big improvement, but didn't totally eliminate the need for a forward and back dry stroke to remove the distortion.

I turned down the PSI to 350 (PSI with wand triggered) and the distortion went away.
for the guys that blow silly PSI, distortion will be an issue on cheap cut piles

We weren't there long enough to compare complete dry times.
The bed rooms we started in and and did side by sides with Ti vs Bentley were still damp when we left.
I couldn't tell any difference between the two sides.

I can tell right now though with 92.37% certainty, this wand is a "keeper"

For the guys mentioning about part of the manifold dragging on the carpet....you must be really short or have arms as long as an orangutan, cause I watched the position of it while Shane (6'2") ran it and Cody (5'9" maybe 5" 10" at most) and no part of the manifold was touching the fiber.
Our new Bentley is the 14" swivel head XL

I like the wand, Cody likes it, but Shane isn't sure yet.
Mostly due to the swivel head when he first used it.

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
so how wierd is the swivel?

not weird, really.
It's kind of cool and proved it's useful today in a room with odd angles .

Shane didn't like it at first cause the way he pushes forward would turn the head a bit.
Neither Cody nor I had any issues with that

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Great review MEAT. I have had my jets adjusted and i cant turn the psi past 350, I think i am going to angle them back to touching the glide. We have had ours since October. No problems with jets or anything. BUT.... The swivel doesnt swivel when you first start your day. You have to wait for the steam to warm it up to let it swivel. (might have dirt in it). Great wand I got the 14 inch swivel XL its a long one

I liked the wand except for a few small things. One thing I noticed was the jets could be angled more simply by wrenching them in which is a good thing. When I demoed the wand the jets were pointing almost straight down and a little too close to the carpet (like a half inch). I thought if the jets were angled just a bit more to hit closer to the wand head it would not cause pile distortion. I really liked the swivel head. I would buy one but I just got a new slot glide for one of my wands and I am going to set it up first. The mytee wand was pretty easy to push. I am sure mytee will go to a more solid jet manifold. Glad to hear you like the wand. That just proves my point that everyone likes what they like and always try to demo before you buy.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i used the aluminum 14 Bentley today it's one of the originals with a swivel head. the spray bar was not adjustable but struck the glide right at the bottom . unfortunately it was too short for a good test.

it was a bit heavy and i didn't like the swivel. you can't tilt the head to spray or suck something up along the wall edge.

we ran 600 and didn't have any distortion running 06 flow. i did notice the out spray climbed over the wand if you moved it to slowly.

i'd like to try the xl without the swivel. i think it would be a great wand for those large job.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom