First tile job

Condog

Name
Tony
Did a tile cleaning estimate today. Included are pictures from the inspection (potential client has some construction going on).

The tile and grout have different conditions going on. Advice on cleaning would be appreciated. I have a Trinity Phoenix MX, a CRB with black brushes, Anamoly, Viper Venom, Simix, and various pads, a shop vac, and a Rotovac Ranger (extractor) with 5" tile wand and a Rotovac 360i.

The red tile is in the bathrooms. The rest of the tile is in other areas. Half of the floors are covered in Pebbletec like a garage floor. I think the cost of the Pebbletec helped them decide to have the tile and grout cleaned.

Bathroom Tile 2.JPG Constr debris.JPG Tile Seal Colored Area.JPG Tile Grout Missing.JPG Tile 1.JPG

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Condog

Name
Tony
Obviously a do-it-yourselfer install...I'm surprised they're not cleaning it themselves
Old building, newer tenant. It's now a k-6. They've nearly through with some construction. Half the floors were coated with some kind of Pebbletec like (garage floor) coating, very nice. I expect them to do more over time.
I think their budget makes them wait, so I'm the lucky man to help keep the place clean until then, hopefully afterwards too.
They want me to do their rugs frequently, realized I CLEAN tile too, and called me.
I will try to do Mark Markovic training at some point. This would make a good practice place. Not to make money, but to learn.
I may try to do it for cost, or close.
Any advice for the red and beige tiles. The grout also.I didn't mention it, but I also have so Simix.

Condog

Name
Tony
I forgot my manners.

Hi Mike, How are you doing?
You're a very busy man. I see you helping out with a lot of McDonald Houses, excellent people doing good things there.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Tony, plan on several iterations. There will be part that cleans right up and bits that may require paint stripper to bust old finish.

Be patient and meticulous. It will be fine.

Reactions: Condog

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
No. But set expectations and go in first with floor stripper. Let them know it will be a process to undo years of accumulation, not a simple event. See how it goes. You might even go over with a small bottle of floor stripper and test to see if it is effective. See if the buildup needs to be scraped with a razor blade and so forth.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Condog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom