First truck mount

CleanEvo

I know I could spend hours searching through previous post about this topic, but I could use a few hours sleep tonight, so I don't want to.

I need to decide what I want in the next couple of days so that I can get my truck ready by the first week of December.

Vortex - Aerotech...who am I kidding, I've been on my own for almost two years and the trade in on the portable just won't cover the down payment. I know, I was talking out of my a*s a few post ago...what can I say. Well over 100K by the time you get it to Canada.

I've looked at almost everything that's out there...I hope there's no more...I could really use some sleep tonight. It's basically comedown to what I can get local and have serviced local.

1/ a local made clutch drive system called JEM Mobile Cleaning Systems...it's the first unit I ever worked on 16 years ago and the guy is still making them out of his garage. Simple and decent system for the price, but won't get me the kind of heat a slide in will.

2/ Prochem - I started looking at a Legend and am now up to a Peak or Apex???

3/ Hydromastare Boxxer 421 or 427????

4/ Rotovac Corp sells slide ins on line and has a new Steamway Powercube 45 that's CHEAP and I can get it shipped up here and apparantly it's a breeze to work on yourself???? It's a new simple HX system.

Getting a new 1 ton van to put it in??? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Aris van de Loosdrecht

CleanEvo

Clear, concise and to the point questions, 20 views and no one has an opinion? Rejection sucks! :(

BillC

I would go with the 421. I love mine. I was going to sell it and go with a bigger machine but now after talking to Greenie I decided to keep it and do some upgrades to it and make it one BAD A$$ little machine!!

CleanEvo

Yah...I like the Boxxer, but the local supplier is a dork and wants $3000 more than another supplier wants for the prochem Peak which on paper looks like a better machine???

BillC

If you can get the Peak for cheaper than the 421 then I would go with it.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Blueline makes a sweet little machine called the Cobalt. You don't have the "back pressure" problems that are prone to the Boxxers. I have ran the Cobalt alot and that thing heats like crazy and you can't out run it. You will not have the overheat problems many of the other machines are facing because of the great design.

http://www.bluelineequip.com/cobalt.asp

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Word of caution New/ heat exchange/Steamway are not inspiring words. You need something simple for you to work on if your local distributor is "challenged". Boxer 421, Prochem Apex and even the Cobalt all have similar specs. If you can LOOK at the layout and access to parts on each machine to see if you can get at parts that need serviced or hoses changed. I would go as uncomplicated as possible. Judson would even be a good choice if you know how to turn a wrench. I have a EZ and I can work on it, thats why I bought it and the price was right for me. If you cannot change your oil or spark plugs on your car then stay with whatever your distributor has to sell and SERVICE. Just words of caution. Check out References on each machine they want to sell you and talk to the people that own them.

diamond brian

I like the Legend really well. Can't do 400' hose runs with it, but it's ideal for residential and light commercial. Like Jay said, I'd buy from a local distributor or something basic like an EZ.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I would buy the peak, mostly cause it is just a better built machine than the Boxxer. I love HM, and this says alot. The peak is just a nice machine, for its size. It has the water jacketed engine, and does good for a machine in its class as far as heat goes.

Jeff M

I see that you use the esteem products, which is cleanco why not look at their direct drive units they are made in canada, heck cleanco makes them for prochem. I have used one once performed excellent, great heat and vac.

danpauselius

Don't buy a Nordic 1

If you just go take some classes at your local community college, you can build your own.

GRHeacock

My suggestion is- go with the local JEM machine, because it is locally made, and I would think locally serviced.

You can always get more heat if it does not have all you want initially, by adding a propane heater.

And generally speaking, CDS machines need less maintenance than slide-ins.

If you want big time heat, and low maintenance, take a good look at Terry's Nordic 1, which is in Bellingham, not too far from you.

The Nordic 1 is electric powered, and very simple. Can be plugged into a customer's house, or run off a generator.

Gary

Ed Hartman

I would make my choice on who can service it locally (as close to you as possible) Whatever they carry, choose from one of those, unless you are tool time Tim

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sure get one that uses an un-attended FIRE...so you can burn your truck up AND your custys house too.......

funny i see mysef in you......about Forty years ago......

buy a PTO.....wit no bells and no whistles.to go wrong.....!

I have TWO! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom