Fishin with Chris Hagen (Packfan)

Mikey P

Administrator
-What led you to get into this business?

-How does being a Interlink distributor help your biz?

-Where was your business five years ago and where will it be five years from now?

-Who do you emulate in this industry and why?

-Start over from scratch, how would you go about it?

-How have the Boards helped your biz?

-Who's job at Jon Don would you like?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Re: Fishin with Chris Hansen (Packfan)

Mikey P said:
-What led you to get into this business?
To start it off Mike it's Hagen not Hansen. I had a great opportunity come across my door which brought me to a much more beautiful place. I came from Minnesota where I was a furniture repair man working for peanuts. The weather sucked, the pay sucked and it was time to go. My parents offered me a job that I couldn't refuse out here in Reno and it's been heaven since. Just closed on my first house today!
-How does being a Interlink distributor help your biz?
Being a member of Interlink Supply has given us access to a number of great vendors with innovative new products coming out all the time. It has also given us access to some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry. The support we get with education, technical service, marketing, internet sales, you name it they've been great help.
-Where was your business five years ago and where will it be five years from now?
I've only been here 3 years but when I started we were doing good. We were working out of a smaller shop in Sparks with a good, growing customer base. I was thrown right in learning all of the product info I could while also learning how to repair all of the truckmounts too. Needless to say it was a little nerve wracking at first. After a few trips to different vendors for sales and service training we moved to a different, much larger and newer location. We continue to grow in size and customer base and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. With help from our vendors we have hosted and plan to host many more great business seminars and classes to help raise the knowledge and technical level of the average cleaner in our area to help raise status of this industry.
-Who do you emulate in this industry and why?
I don't think I've been around long enough to know where I'm headed or who I emulate. Give me couple more years and then I'll tell you.
-Start over from scratch, how would you go about it?
I'm pretty happy with the way we've turned out so far so I don't think I would change how we started up. We got hooked up with some great people to help us get started and it worked out pretty well.
-How have the Boards helped your biz?
This board has helped my knowledge tremendously. You guys have been great to learn from. There is a ton of experience here and I really appreciate everyone sharing the wealth of info to all of the new people that join. I've also been able to make a few bucks here and there which is also greatly appreciated. :wink: :D
-Who's job at Jon Don would you like?
I'm happy where I'm at

Jimbo

Re: Fishin with Chris Higgens (Packfan)

Chris HAGEN is a good dude...came up to speed real quickly in the supply biz...I'm happy they are in Reno. He works with his Mother and Father... Amy and Scott Hagen...although they kind of disapear either into the back of the biz or go diving...yes DIVING...all over the world. Oh yeah...they rep most of the important brands in our industry...Prochem...Blue Line...Hydramaster...Dri Eaz... TES..BP...Wanders...Sticky Tabs...Majik Wand...etc

Chris has a happy gainfully employed wife...and a couple of extra happy crumb munchers at home...I think Granma and Granpa love having them around!

Are you in your new house Chris?? supposed to close yesterday...you know people got their stuff together if they are Buying in this economy!

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Re: Fishin with Chris Harkens (Packfan)

Chris is a cool dude. But the fact that he is a Packer fan drops him way down to Watson-like on the coolness scale.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Yeah Jim we closed yesterday minutes before Brenda had to fly down to San Diego for a photo shoot. Couldn't pass up the deal we found, the kids a really excited. What's with the Majik Wand crack, I don't sell his junk! I'm sure I'll be repairing his TMs though.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Taf's stuff isn't horrible (except for his powdered encap, private labeled kleen right (?) prespray with the muscle man on the tub and his protector, and... ) it's just way hella over priced. OK, OK... Lets just say his Oxy blaster is pretty good (and over priced)... That & Taf is prone to going an a bender (?) & emabarrassing himself on internet forums... That Deedee is a friggin' Saint. A Saint I tell you! A friggin' Saint!

Jimbo

It was an attempt at humor, Chris!

Glad to hear you got your place...which neighborhood is it in?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

My house is just northeast of the Greenbrae Mccarran intersection. The fun starts tomorrow too. Ripping out the kitchen floor and one of the upstairs bathrooms. Then duct cleaning and carpets woohoo!

Chads

Supportive Member
Congrats on the new house, sounds like you have a lot of work in front of you but its yours man. Whoo Hoo. :D

Greenie

Shoulda stuck with Hansen.

and God Bless DeeDee, she is more of a saint than Lisa.

Just for the record, there are the Good suppliers, the Bad, and the Ugly bad, we were fortunate to know Scott and Amy before we knew of Chris' arrival...Scott and Amy are awesome, so Chris gets to walk the yellow brick road, I wish more suppliers were half as good as them....some jsut don't "get" it.

Happy to have Chris on this board daily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom