Five on location rugs today...

Mikey P

Administrator
Screenshot_20220404-072404.png

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Its not the cleaner’s fault the customer bought cheap ass rugs.
Im not convinced that curling is a sign of cheapness in synthetic rugs.

Do the manufacturers knowingly use moisture sensitive bindings or other materials to save money?

Are non sensitive really more costly?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Its not the cleaner’s fault the customer bought cheap ass rugs.
The people that buy the cheap ass rugs are smarter than the people with $10k rugs.

Here’s why:

The purpose of those rugs are originally made for guests of the house to SIT on. And when the guest isn’t there, they roll up the rug and put it away to stay clean.

Here in ‘Merica, people trample all over those rugs

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tell me how you prevent curling?

Or do you just fix it prior to returning?
We may have polypropylene rugs with a cotton foundation curl a little but during our drying process, the weight of the rug hanging over the pole pulls it straight as it dries. I have never had permanent curling on those rugs.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
They usually flaten out as they dry. Just let the customer know before you leave that they should level out as they dry.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Cleane 3 rugs with those jute backing, told customer what would happen. They said it was fine. I just spritz with oxy encap and use compound. Turn out great. It had some existing warping, not bad, but I wasnt going to make it worse.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Cleane 3 rugs with those jute backing, told customer what would happen. They said it was fine. I just spritz with oxy encap and use compound. Turn out great. It had some existing warping, not bad, but I wasnt going to make it worse.
We've done just that on some ultra high end customs where the "curl wait" and return visits to correct were simply unacceptable

Reactions: DAT

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I let them know the risk never had a call back. Now I did have a large bonded living room rug with heavy furniture that buckled what a nightmare. Nice thing around here is once you screw something up you see the same kind of materials so you know what to stay away from.

Waldo

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P and FB7777

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I let them know the risk never had a call back. Now I did have a large bonded living room rug with heavy furniture that buckled what a nightmare. Nice thing around here is once you screw something up you see the same kind of materials so you know what to stay away from.

Waldo
How's your store coming along?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We may have polypropylene rugs with a cotton foundation curl a little but during our drying process, the weight of the rug hanging over the pole pulls it straight as it dries. I have never had permanent curling on those rugs.
See a good stretch prevents it.

A 100 degree day and laying it I the drive way helps too.

Back
Top Bottom