fixed upholstery mitten video

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks great Mike, what chem is in the bucket? Those mitts look like they make a lot of sense.

The Clean Machine

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I think I really like the idea of applying the cleaning solution using the mitt too. No more overspray!!

Mike,
How do you think using the mitt to apply cleaning solution on a natural cotton fiber would work? I am thinking good technique would prevent over-wetting...not pressing down too hard at first when mitt is very wet.... spreading the solution, then scrubbing a little harder over the same area when mitt is only damp.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
These are great. Have been using one since?? .....I don't know when they came out, but I probably heard about it and purchased from Jim Pemberton. I've never used the bucket method, I just pre-spray with what ever the fabric requires, and work it in with the mitt.

If fact I've probably lost or miss-placed 3-4 of these. They are also great on stair noses, just the right size to work in prespray before extracting steps.

Bjorn

could you just wipe it with the encap juice and forget rinse or extraction ?

Mikey P

Administrator
I suppose in a very light soil condition you could. That ottoman was filthy so it got rinsed because unlike VLM only goobers, I have a conscience.

Reactions: jcooper

Mikey P

Administrator
I think I really like the idea of applying the cleaning solution using the mitt too. No more overspray!!

Mike,
How do you think using the mitt to apply cleaning solution on a natural cotton fiber would work? I am thinking good technique would prevent over-wetting...not pressing down too hard at first when mitt is very wet.... spreading the solution, then scrubbing a little harder over the same area when mitt is only damp.

You'd want a shampoo designed for cotton Paul and something sudsier than DSL so you could rely on the foam more than the solution, other than that your technique is correct. These two sided mitts do hold a lot of solution.

What sort of extractor do you have Paul?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I suppose in a very light soil condition you could. That ottoman was filthy so it got rinsed because unlike VLM only goobers, I have a conscience.

Mikey how do you feel holding on to that tiny upholstery tool knowing that you have a $100k plus machine powering it ?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I just use my Turbo on the open areas. Set the pressure at 1200 and go to town!

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
You'd want a shampoo designed for cotton Paul and something sudsier than DSL so you could rely on the foam more than the solution, other than that your technique is correct. These two sided mitts do hold a lot of solution.

What sort of extractor do you have Paul?

I have an El Diablo TM, but often use my Mytee Lite II little portable for upholstery. I like fine control of chemical dilution and heat when cleaning upholstery.

I have a Foamer Simpson which I use when I want to use dry foam or wet foam (it' adjustable) on some natural cotton / delicate fabrics.

Ron K

We use a 1/2 gallon pump up sprayer for upholstery and the hand bonnet. I think you can control the amount of cleaning solution a lot more with a sprayer then the bucket system. The first couple of swaths with the bucket system I think get wetter then the last. We do really like the little bonnet and we usually pre-condition the bonnet too since if you start with a dry bonnet you'll actually dry your first couple of sides. We use Chem Spec products for upholstery and sometimes use a portable so we can keep the wand movin.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
These are great mitts for sure!
They last and last ....

I like to use those along with the hydroforce as05 sprayer for upholstery

bonnet pro just came out with a 100% cotton mitt without scrub strip, for those more delicate of fabrics.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's a good idea to apply stuff on upholstery this way on certain fabrics. I have been doing this since the old vonschcrapper days..

One thing I would recommend Mikey and others doing the same thing- use a hand condom!! (aka rubber gloves)

It's not worth it for any amount of money: allowing all the chemicals to be absorbed into your body thru your skin.

Reactions: Mikey P and Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom