Flash Cuffs, Mytee Cuffs........................

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm curious as to how they are performing. Give me your honest opinion about their performance so far.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for 25% of the cost, i like my mytee cuffs.....

seriously....they are holding up well...and IF they do break i wont be afraid to buy some more...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my Mytee starter cuff broke after about a week..the top cracked...the 2 inch swivel is going strong....

still needing 3........ 2.5 swivels......

MerCrewser

Flash cuffs are stiff and do not swivel. Really hard to disconnect. Cool cuffs work the best, but after a few months will not stay locked (the swivel model). I'm still not happy. Next are the mytees to try. After that, the non swivel cool cuffs.

Name
John LaBarbera
Jim Martin said:
my Mytee starter cuff broke after about a week..the top cracked...the 2 inch swivel is going strong....

still needing 3........ 2.5 swivels......

Thank you, that's good to know where the weaknesses are. That way I can fix them. Got 2 1/2" samples off my molds in today. They look good but needs some adjustments in the molds. Looks like they will be finished around the end of the month.

Ryan

I managed to break one mytee cuff, but that was my owndamnfault I crammed it into my waste tank outlet so I could dump without moving my van. Other wise they have all been holding up good, and I'm really hard on stuff.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
MerCrewser said:
Flash cuffs are stiff and do not swivel. Really hard to disconnect.

The early version did have stiffness issue and were hard to disengage. Those issues have been resolved with improvement to the mold. We have only favorable reports on the Flash Cuffs the last 3 or 4 weeks.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I got the mytee cuffs for free. And we love them... We love our bentley wand as well.. I tried the interlink cuffs and they are not all that... I think everyone should try the mytee ones... What other company improves their products and sends buyers the new and improed ones for free? not many.. they admit their mistakes and fix them promptly.. Now John send me a new manifold when it comes out!!!!! If i ever buy a portable it will be a mytee

Scott Rogers

joeynbgky said:
If i ever buy a portable it will be a mytee

Good choice, I love my M5!! They just shipped my Mytee TM waste tank today too, cant wait to get it. :p Im sure the quality of the tank will be top notch, and no more fixing my leaky aluminum tank. shiteatinggrin

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John LaBarbera said:
Thank you, that's good to know where the weaknesses are. That way I can fix them.

have you ever figured out a proper manifold for the Bentley spaHhEtti trEe of brass fittings?? :roll:

..L.T.A.

MerCrewser

scottw said:
MerCrewser said:

The early version did have stiffness issue and were hard to disengage. Those issues have been resolved with improvement to the mold. We have only favorable reports on the Flash Cuffs the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Nice! Do I get an updated set? 2.5".......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Scott Rogers said:
joeynbgky said:

Good choice, I love my M5!! They just shipped my Mytee TM waste tank today too, cant wait to get it. :p Im sure the quality of the tank will be top notch, and no more fixing my leaky aluminum tank. shiteatinggrin

ohhh you will love it.....i had one with my old setup.....and i want 2 now...anyone wanna trade my prochem tank for 2 mytee tanks shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

look up mytee tanks and my name i made a few tweaks for running either 4 to the door or 2, 2s to a 2.5 Y..

John do you have the 2.5 port option on that lid???

Name
John LaBarbera
floorguy said:
Scott Rogers said:
joeynbgky said:

ohhh you will love it.....i had one with my old setup.....and i want 2 now...anyone wanna trade my prochem tank for 2 mytee tanks shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

look up mytee tanks and my name i made a few tweaks for running either 4 to the door or 2, 2s to a 2.5 Y..

John do you have the 2.5 port option on that lid???

The mold is being modified presently. We were waiting for our 2 1/2" cuffs to get done.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
MerCrewser said:
scottw said:
MerCrewser said:

Nice! Do I get an updated set? 2.5".......

Sure. I need your shipping address and contact information or I can arrange for you to pick them up at one of the Interlink distributors.

2 1/2" are now available as well.

Scott Warrington

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I found the Mytee cuffs to be much inferior in every way to the cool cuffs. I can't believe someone would actually say they are better than cool cuffs. Really?

I like Mytee but they really need to test products longer before releasing them and have better quality control. In the end they do the right things, but it does not inspire confidence. You buy something and then 6 months they change it because the bugs were not worked out yet. It is frustrating.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
They do not lock in place as well, don't seal as tight, they are not as strong (especially in cold weather which for me is half the year), the o-ring is completely useless and obviously lacked any real word testing. Apparently there is a newer model now? I don't know, but I staying with my cools cuffs. I couldn't care less if they cost a few dollars more. Mine are three years old and see minus 4F temps. How cheap do they need to be?

As far as releasing products before really ready: carbon fibre bentley, sprayer, booster, cuff lynx, lint hog to mention a few. My supplier ordered a bunch of lint hogs, a month later, guess what, a new version. Who now wants to buy the old ones? He is stuck with them. I know he is very hesitant to deal with Mytee now. It's too bad, they have great ideas, just need to execute them better. I know it's hard, as they want to keep the price down. But I can't help feeling that everything ends up a bit toy like and cheap. I have not given up on Mytee, but I am now cautious and will wait a long time after a product is released before purchasing. Sending stuff back, is just too time consuming for me. Maybe my expectations are too high? Please take this as positive criticism. I am not bashing Mytee. I have defended them in the past.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
funny i thought they locked down tighter and better, by actually threading all the way on..

the o-ring i could leave but to me it makes it lock a little tighter in the 1/4 turn part...

the swivels are the best part because hey they actually do...

and your nutty to be cleaning in -4 weather anyway maybe your brain froze shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The Mytee cuffs work well for me.

I have the 2" cuffs.

I do however have trouble getting them apart.

I think if the rings had notches instead of the evenly spaced groves it would be easier to get a better grip on them.

The groves should be finger tip spaced.

Doug Cox said:
I'm curious as to how they are performing. Give me your honest opinion about their performance so far.

Hey Doug seeing pictures is one thing, but in person is a different story.

I saw a set of flashcuffs the other day and they are the best design I have ever seen.

There is no doubt they will last for years and never give you a problem.

I like my cool cuffs, but the flash cuffs are 10 times better.

Just saying.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
they are fooking huge though...

and you guys bitch about putting 2.5 on your reel.....and you want them big bitches on there??

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
FCC said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cobb posted something about a new SS manifold on the Bentley in another thread...........so maybe

I won't be looking for one in my mailbox though shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin
John sent us a prototype Stainless Steel manifold for TM extraction testing.

It needed a couple of minor adjustments, & it will be good to go.

I would expect it to be released shortly.

Larry

MerCrewser

MerCrewser said:
Flash cuffs are stiff and do not swivel. Really hard to disconnect. Cool cuffs work the best, but after a few months will not stay locked (the swivel model). I'm still not happy. Next are the mytees to try. After that, the non swivel cool cuffs.

I just received the new style Flashcuffs and they work way better than my original set. They swivel easily and are easy to unlock. I have not used them in the field yet but they should be fine. I will be ordering more.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I've been using the flash cuffs for about a week, so far I like them better than the cool cuffs, but they are a little hard to disengage, hoping after they are broken in it will get easier.

T

The Magician

Just like everything else when its get old it wears out. Larry I think cleaners club has a solution for the bently?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bill Soukoreff said:
I found the Mytee cuffs to be much inferior in every way to the cool cuffs. I can't believe someone would actually say they are better than cool cuffs. Really?

I like Mytee but they really need to test products longer before releasing them and have better quality control. In the end they do the right things, but it does not inspire confidence. You buy something and then 6 months they change it because the bugs were not worked out yet. It is frustrating.

you see that with a lot products and services offered from those that have gained "good ole boy" standing here

It's NOT an intentional misrepresentation or shill job though IMO.
I think it's born of "human nature" more than anything .

with those we like and have good relationships with, it's a natural unconscious tendency to view things more favorably than they may be in reality.
We also tend to give them a pass or withhold unfavorable opinions where we wouldn't hesitate to direct such criticisms on a vendor/manufacture we no relationship with.
(and even go out of our way to hammer them if we don't like them)

that's how mediocre products and services rise to "board de jour" greatness status

a good example of that "human nature" in operation is the parent of a demon seed child they think is an angel.
Or the "lock 'em up and throw away the key" attitude some have toward drug abusers.
But when it's someone they personally know and like, it's a different attitude

it's same here, only different...

...L.T.A.

Mike Draper

I bought some flash cuffs for my 2.5" hose and my 2" hose. I used them on over 70 jobs. They never got easier to use. I rinsed them out and kept them clean (which I shouldn't have to do) and they actually got harder to use. Many times I had to have my employee help me to rip the damn things apart while we played tug o war in the custy's driveway. I purchased the new cool cuffs and they seal perfectly, and have yet to come apart. I think Ive got about 50 jobs on the new cool cuffs. my old cool cuffs which were at least 3 years old did separate, however, that was the only problem. Joe at wanders says that problem has been fixed. I did Buy some Mytee shelves from John at superior cleaning. They are pretty nice. I really like them so far.

MerCrewser

I must say that Joe Bristor stands behind his product. I loved the cool cuffs, but after a few months they would not stay together. He sent me a new pair and they did the same thing. I know he would've sent me a third pair but I wanted to try something else. Bridgepoint also stood by their flashcuffs and sent me a newer, looser set that work great. We'll see how they last for the long haul.

I intend to buy from Joe Bristor in the future, as well as Bridgepoint.

Back
Top Bottom