Flash Cuffs

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I stopped using them.........even the newer ones after awhile started sticking so bad I would fight getting them apart.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Couple of pairs of channel-locks. Spray threads with WD-40 brand white lithium grease.

I only have one set of original CCuffs mixed with cuff lynx. By spring probably time to change them all.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We heard this too often on the original Flash Cuffs. The issue seemed to be an O-ring getting into the space the latch needed to actuate. Changed the design and O ring specs a couple of years ago and have not heard further complaints.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Jesse,
You need to take a look inside them, when pushing the button down if the circle lock has any portion popping up you can trim it with a razor blade, so when you push the button down nothing on the locking ring is sticking up to catch on the male and will be able to come apart. I have been using them for a while now and like them a lot, they do there job, and after I did the above I have had no problems with them.
I posted a pic somewhere on MB showing what I am trying to explain.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Tconway,
I have a pair locked together that the button will not push at all. So how do I get them apart? I cannot see inside until I get them apart right?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Tconway,
I have a pair locked together that the button will not push at all. So how do I get them apart? I cannot see inside until I get them apart right?
Will they swivel at ALL, if not it sounds like it has somehow got full of silt/grim. If this is the case I would remove them off the the hose and flush with hot water and some WD 40 and try to work them back in forth till you can flush the gunk out.
I could see this happening if it was on a set that was not taken apart very often, the design is subject to silt getting in and filling the groove up once that happens no way they are coming apart.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Will they swivel at ALL, if not it sounds like it has somehow got full of silt/grim. If this is the case I would remove them off the the hose and flush with hot water and some WD 40 and try to work them back in forth till you can flush the gunk out.
I could see this happening if it was on a set that was not taken apart very often, the design is subject to silt getting in and filling the groove up once that happens no way they are coming apart.

I will give that a try and report back. Thanks

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I have not had any issues until I got the 2.5 inch flash cuffs, but they have not been used that often. We are constantly connecting/disconnecting the 2inch flash cuffs with no problems.

Reactions: TConway

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Update, I power washed them, soaked them, NO luck!
So I was looking at a spare and found a small area behind the button where dirt and mud could get in and prevent me from being able to depress the button and take the cuffs apart. So I took a C-clamp and screwed it down on the button until it did release and was able to take the cuffs apart.

After I got the cuffs apart I found lots of mud and sand in the cuffs. I cleaned them and lubed them again and now all is good.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I still think they are the best but plan on replacing the female ends with some frequency, especially when running hard in extreme cold.

I actually need a few....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom