Flash extractor at mikeyfest convinced me

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Rob Hanks demoed the flash extractor at the fest and won me over. Anyone that was waiting there is no reason to wait get your money in and I'll get em shipped.

Steve Smith

What about the demo won you over?
Is it better than the regular water claw?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It was demoed in a plastic container w/ padding underneath the carpet. I have a few pics and possibly videos of it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
That's the pot calling the kettle black mikey, besides you where there the thing works and works damn well. The $500 Rob slipped me did help though ;)

as for the Judson well you know me and Les are secertly best friends

Name
Lee Stockwell
So...how much do you think Rob Hanks really weighs? I was impressed the extractor didn't break, but suspect I weigh a bit more so I didn't risk standing on the plastic elbow like he did.

Impressed, but disappointed to not be able to compare with Jon Don's new unit.

Thanks,
Lee

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I think it has some advantages the original doesn't. I have no reservations selling it now.

Mikey your the one from the land of fruits and nuts. :mrgreen:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
it's just my opinion but i think demoing in a plastic cantainer skews the results. the plastic creats a vortex effect sucking up more water then it would over open concrete.

gene

John Olson

Name
John Olson
When u have sold and demoed as many as I have i knew what I needed to see. I'll be using it in our wrt class next month out on the asphalt on a 12x12 carpert and pad. I am confident it will perform exactly as it did in Nashville. I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Lee almost fell over using the flash extractor. lost his balance. I dont liek the handle with the spring on it. It is not stable, the handle moves all around. Get the jon don one. It has a much better handle. It is also much larger. The bottom plate on the flash did not have enough holes on it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So...how much do you think Rob Hanks really weighs? I was impressed the extractor didn't break, but suspect I weigh a bit more so I didn't risk standing on the plastic elbow like he did.
I was afraid I'd break it if I stepped on the elbow, but it did look like it could take some beating.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Joey. You do know there was a Jon-Don one there. It doesn't work. Buy a water claw or for less money the flash extractor but please don't waste your money on something that doesn't work.

P.S. I think Jon-Don has pulled theirs because it performs so badly

topnotchman

Thats annoying I wanted to hear how the JonDon one worked, and nobody used it. Why are you getting a new bottom plate, did it break?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
They said they are improving the bottom plate and sending out replacements. but i think the bottom plate on it now is better than the flash as is

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I saw the Jondon one @ Bridgepoint's booth.

This is the Flash.

DSCF3465.jpg

DSCF3479.jpg

DSCF3473.jpg

and the other one.

DSCF3485.jpg

topnotchman

Doesn't look like a drypro to me. that just looks like a piece of plastic with 2 vac hoses sticking out of it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
topnotchman said:
Doesn't look like a drypro to me. that just looks like a piece of plastic with 2 vac hoses sticking out of it.

Didn't say it was. I said the "other one", since I don't know what it is or the name of it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
that last pic is of someone's garage claw.

I never saw the JonDon claw, was told it was being taken off the market.

The Flash was impressive though. Needs some tweaking. hard to release the handle to fold it flat. They have an idea how to fix it, just a "C" clamp with some tits on it to push in the release buttons. Hope they can fit it on before I get mine.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
joeynbgky said:
Lee almost fell over using the flash extractor. lost his balance. I dont liek the handle with the spring on it. It is not stable, the handle moves all around. Get the jon don one. It has a much better handle. It is also much larger. The bottom plate on the flash did not have enough holes on it.

The real key is not how large the bottom plate is or how many holes it has. The idea is to remove as much water as possible. In that respect the Flash Xtractor will win out every time.

I think you could get used to the handle. Don't expect it to support you. It is not a walking stick. :)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ron Werner said:
It is easier to be able to pull back to break the vac seal rather than pull upward.

What was the reason for the spring again?

I was told during the demo that the spring was so you can get in tight places where the original water claw wouldn't get you. When they demoed the unit, it showed that even with someone on top of the claw it didn't make a huge difference, or at least that's what I got from it when I standing right next to the product. The water itself wouldn't increase with someone heavy standing on top. Probably the reason they decided to add that spring to get under things and or tight spaces.

Lora Olson

At our Water Classes with Barry we always do "extraction demos" outside, with 12x12 carpet and pad on dry asphalt. We soak it with a hose, use light wand, drag wand, water claw, rover, Xtreme Xtractor.

With the water claw, Barry (Costa) always chooses the smallest person in the class (one year it was a little gal that couldn't have been much more than 110 lbs). Anyways, the water claw sucked the carpet dry down to the pad and started drying the asphalt!

Barry wanted to prove that the weight of the operator had nothing to do with the amount of extraction occuring with the tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom