Flexi pro sprayer - battery change and upgraded charger

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so my flexi pro sprayer died, needed a new battery, pump just wouldnt run off the old battery. I also was growing tired of buying the expensive (cheaply made) chargers from interlink. So i made some changes. So i made a quick video for you guys incase you had one and wanted to see how i did this. only goof i had was that the new charger would not work with the diode. The new charger could not sense the battery with it inline so i removed it since the new charger was capable of checking the polarity of the battery and start charging.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i replaced this $47 + shipping rip off charger : http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=NM4108B
and super expensive $44 + shipping rip off battery : http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=NM4100&ref=cab

with this $19 + free shipping charger : http://www.amazon.com/Decker-BM3B-B...8-1&keywords=black+and+decker+battery+charger
and this $19 + free shipping super affordable battery: http://www.amazon.com/Powersonic-PS...=8-11&keywords=sonic+power+12+volt+7+amp+hour

So i changed the charger and the battery for less than the price of the china charger that interlink supply sells and got free shipping on both products i upgraded to. Booyaa.

Name
Nate W.
I'm on my 3rd battery... Never replaced the charger... I did however have to replace the male charging port on the bottom of the sprayer... I also used industrial strength velcro to secure the battery down as mine is the OmniPro... The older version of the flexipro, same thing just my charger is a box on the outlet side... The inside of the compartment does actually get wet... The wand holder is just a hole and you can see the corrosion in the bottom of yours... I keep my wand inside the jug when I'm not using it... I also think my check valve is no good as it dribbles worse than @bob vawter :lol:

I do like the B&D charger....:clap:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I'm on my 3rd battery... Never replaced the charger... I did however have to replace the male charging port on the bottom of the sprayer... I also used industrial strength velcro to secure the battery down as mine is the OmniPro... The older version of the flexipro, same thing just my charger is a box on the outlet side... The inside of the compartment does actually get wet... The wand holder is just a hole and you can see the corrosion in the bottom of yours... I keep my wand inside the jug when I'm not using it... I also think my check valve is no good as it dribbles worse than @bob vawter :lol:

I do like the B&D charger....:clap:
my charger is actually sitting right on top/ between the pump and battery, i also used electrical tape on all the connections so water wouldn't get into them or come apart. my wand dribbles a little but not too bad. the biggest problem they goofed on was the inserts in the housing are aluminum and the bolts are steel, they corrode each other. my pump housing, battery, etc. has zero water damage, spots, or dings from the wand.

ill keep you guys informed.

i was on my 3rd external charger they kept burning up. at at a small fortune a pc i said screw it and changed it. just trying to help anyone who might be in the same boat.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i originally was just going to replace the battery and then strip the wires on the black and Decker charger and put the end from the burnt out charger on it, then i opened it up and saw that i could include it inside, instead of having to worry about where the charger is all the time.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
just wanted to let everyone know, its still going strong. no problems so far.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
update : Flexi pro spray is still going strong, Charges alot faster than the stock charger that it came with.

great since my chevy has a 110 outlet right in the front dash that i can plug it into.

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom