Float Valve Assembly

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I took the SS tank lid off yesterday to check out fresh water tank condition. Overall inside looked good. I will have to have some welding done on the sides of the baffle. Also, while there I will be descaling the small amount of build up on the coolant lines.

Here's the big question, when I went to fill the tank for first time it overflowed out of the lid, and when I opened it I found most of the float mechanism had fallen to bottom of tank (probably form vibration and jolting)
There were 5 parts, the three larger ones were easy to figure out how they were supposed to line up. However two of the parts I couldn't figure out one is just a white plastic ring and one is like a silicone diaphram, I can't for the life of me figure these two out. Anyone have experience with the vortex fresh water overflow valves or have a diagrapm of how it goes together?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I replaced my float 3 times on the square tank and twice on the new round one....don't waste your money....they get slammed way to hard by the water and and just keep breaking...just get in the habit of checking your water levels..it is easier then you think and a lot less of a head ache....and a lot cheaper....

As far as the baffles and welds....on the square tanks as you use the water and fill up they implode and explode out every time..it is only going to take so much ..more so because of the hot water and then the cold water hitting it...just save yourself a whole lot of misery and get it over with..the round ones are the best out there..........

100_3390.jpg

100_3392.jpg

100_3396.jpg

100_3397.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom