Float valve in the thermal wave.

Becker

Name
Becker
1st minor hiccup.

1st job this AM the valve would not close, luckily it was just a living room dining room. So i was able to work off just the water box, reconnect the clean a bit more.

It worked, but glad I noticed it, otherwise the van would have been flooded.

I stopped by JD hoping to get a quick fix, but the shop was swamped.
They gave me the part free as I just bought the machine, I'll install it this afternoon.

Next 3 jobs had lower water pressure and the valve only leaked a small bit.

So here is the question. Do these things fail often?
I imagine the valve is not cheap.
Much luck with the rebuild kit?

Thank you

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks Jim...

So it appears they wear out before they wear out. HA HA..

I like the mechanical aspect of the float, I'm thinking the seals might have dried out as the machine sat for a while before I put it into use.

Don't know...

I guess i will rebuild the old one and keep it on the truck just in case.

Becker

Name
Becker
The valve is fine, the float on the other hand was full of water.

Drained the water and used a sealant on the float where is screws onto the arm.

I like how easily the valve can be replaced.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am guessing the gasket is stiff and letting water flow and over filling. It is a break in period. If it is what I think you are talking about. The gasket needs to work its way to fit comfortably in where it stops you can also look at what pressure you are feeding your water tank

Becker

Name
Becker
I am guessing the gasket is stiff and letting water flow and over filling. It is a break in period. If it is what I think you are talking about. The gasket needs to work its way to fit comfortably in where it stops you can also look at what pressure you are feeding your water tank

Well. A float filled with water won't float and close the valve.

I think I sealed where the water was seeping in, and my guess is at the end if the day as the water box cools it caused a siphon effect pulling water into the float. A little at a time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just got to the hardware store and see if they sell the old toilet valve assemblies/ball cock valve.............pretty sure it is the same thread size.........( double check )...and it is a cheap fix......

unscrew the ball and replace it with the one in your water tank...put some Teflon tape on the threads........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom