stripfar.jpg

2 coats Elixer Finish & a quick buff
finalbuff3.jpg

3 coats Elixer Finish & a good buff
FinalBuff2.jpg

FinalBUFF.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
I love those old Clarkes. I had a brand new one like that 33 years ago, and nothing since has touched it for stripping. Better with a solution tank for a little extra weight and shower feeding stripper or hot water to keep the pad from loading up. 320 rpm? I know faster than 175.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Nah... It's just a couple 175's, Lee... The white one in the background is a Pullman Holt both are great stripping decks. Although, I prefer the Pullman for the showerfeed tank the Clark is a bit heavier & has a better height adjustment. I would have posted a close up of the white one but it wa all dirty... LOL :oops:

Anyway I usually shower feed stripper through a nylo-grit brush but this time we just mopped it down & it still came right up... Even at 4-6 oz per gallon (which impressed the hell out of me). Seriously, 10 min dwell time was more than enough. The "slicker than snot" was over in 5 min or so. If it would have been a smaller job it probably would have been the easiest strip & refinish I've done.

Name
Lee Stockwell
We don't use buckets and wringers at all. Spray stripper starting at furthest point with HF. Strip, squeegee up. HF down rinse w/vinegar, squeegee up. Minimum six coats finish w/ 18" modified dustmop.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Lee when using HF was % of vinegar to a jug? I like that process, why did you tell us sooner!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ewwww cords... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

cordless is the best way to do it...propane stripper, autoscrubbers wala

nice look

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
LOL I actually just bought him new boots... Slip resistant, water proof steel toes that were immediatly covered in stripper and not allowed onto the fresh finish!

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Lee, what type of squeegee, rubber blade of closed cell foam. And what are you picking up with, a shop vac or truck mount. Does the vinegar smell knock you out.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Lyman, I use both rubber and closed cell foam squeegees... Both are fine. When I do my final rinse I use neutral cleane r@ 2 oz per gallon (for the surfactant) and distilled white vinegar @ 1/2 gallon to 4-5 gallons water (for pH correction). The smell is barely noticeable while in use and once dry its gone...

Charles Anhalt

Supportive Member
Name
Charles Ronald Anhalt
Hi everyone. I need to tap into your experience, if I may. I just purchased a new Powrflite pf54 wet vac and am seriously considering returning it. The metal tubes really have nothing to hold them together; one just inserts inside the other. Same with floor tools - they just slide on to tube with nothing to keep them from being removed. My concern is whether it will hold together (or keep coming apart ) in the middle of a big floor job. Thanks for all your help!
P.S. I did not order the optional front mount squeegee. How well do they work. Again, Thanks.

Reactions: Mikey P

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
Charles. I've had my powerflite wet vac for almost a decade and it's on its second motor. If you want a better tool for it search powerflite CT 51 tool then find the appropriate wand for it. I've also had this tool the same amount of time. It's alot better then the one they come with. Or use yours for a couple strip jobs and do a half ass job rinsing it out and it'll be stuck good

Reactions: Mikey P and FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom