Flooring Retailer Question

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not that this topic isn't getting beat to death but.....

Recently a Flooring Retailer I work with posted this comment on FB
This is not all of it, just an exert, it was a paragraph type post talking about many things.

"If your carpets are soiled we have "The Host Machine" the best dry carpet cleaner. Rent the "Machine" to clean a small areas or large rooms. Simple and easy. "

Would you comment offering a comparison test against the machine in their store or leave it alone?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Leave it alone.

Don't work against them but try to work with them. Tell them you know Host does a pretty good job but when its heavily soiled and needs corrective cleaning HWE will deliver better results. Remind them that Shaw recommends HWE for maintaining the carpets they sell.

[h=2]Shaws choice: Hot water extraction[/h]
Research indicates that the hot water extraction system provides the best capability for cleaning. This system is commonly referred to as "steam cleaning," although no steam is actually generated. The process consists of applying a cleaning agent into the carpet pile and using water in the extractor to recover the used solution and soil.??This can be done from a truck-mounted unit outside the home with only the hose and wand brought inside or by a portable system brought into the home.
Shaw warranties require that the homeowner be able to show proof of periodic cleaning by hot water extraction (commonly called "steam" cleaning) by a professional cleaning service or do-it-yourself system, using equipment that is certified under the Carpet and Rug Institute's Seal of Approval program. We strongly recommend cleaning systems that have achieved the Gold Level Performance in the CRI Seal of Approval Program.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
On his FB page?
If so its none of our business and i wouldn't say anything.

In public, now that would be different.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I looked at your page and didnt notice it, if it bothers you then stop sharing his posts.

Definitely don't confront it though.

I did : ) in a PM

Called it a Pixie Powder machine and they loved it : )

Told my Lovely contact that it was awesome, as now I have an alternate recommendation and another reason to send custy's their direction.

Never Slap a Dragon in the Ass without expecting fire out it's mouth girls : )

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So I literally just got back from visiting said store. Had an afternoon quote close by so me n Tyler went in for the kill.

Check this out

I had my boy drag the Greenhorn in for show n tell.

I'll stop back by in a few weeks to deliver more cards : )

So many samples, we rubbed alot. Mainly the Cotton N ploy shag.
Id like to see VLM clean that stuff !

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Chris,

Are you saying they had a broadloom carpet made of cotton and polyester or was it a rug. Not much cotton in broadloom because of flammability issues. As for Host, surprisingly when they use Host SJ along with their Prep prespray they can clean some dirty carpet.

Just position yourself as the alternative.

As for residential carpet last year 43% of all residential carpet was PET in other words pop bottles.

So I literally just got back from visiting said store. Had an afternoon quote close by so me n Tyler went in for the kill.

Check this out

I had my boy drag the Greenhorn in for show n tell.

I'll stop back by in a few weeks to deliver more cards : )

So many samples, we rubbed alot. Mainly the Cotton N ploy shag.
Id like to see VLM clean that stuff !

Reactions: Mark Saiger

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Chris,

Are you saying they had a broadloom carpet made of cotton and polyester or was it a rug. Not much cotton in broadloom because of flammability issues. As for Host, surprisingly when they use Host SJ along with their Prep prespray they can clean some dirty carpet.

Just position yourself as the alternative.

As for residential carpet last year 43% of all residential carpet was PET in other words pop bottles.

Billy, (Quit messin wit my spellin Fred!!!)

Two different carpets

Cotton thing that was hand woven, looked like a bleached sheep.

Polyester felt like a wig, 70's disco stuff with common day colors

Both about 2" long. She wanted to show me the wood grouted floor tiles so we got distracted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom