Florida Connections

Mikey P

Administrator
Word on the parking lot is that it's dead.

Very low attendance.

What does Cooper expect, boring speakers that will be at the Pencil Sharpeners convention next week, no hands on and at the start of the busy season as well.

Cooper should pay US to sit through the infomercials, not the other way around.

The guy is suppose to be a professional promoter too...

Bob Foster

kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I think I was Dick's only visitor yesterday. Pretty slow for sure.

The AT was sweet as usual. Must be nice now - no soot to clean out and no blowers to grease.

Robbbb was asking Vlad how to set up a truck.....they were set right next to the AT - sucked for him.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Vlad is a class act, one of a kind engineer. I wish I could be there :( making it $ saving $ :D Dead show!! :oops:

See you in Vegas shiteatinggrin

Mikey P

Administrator
Connections Clearwater 2010
Posted By Gregory Cole on 4/30/2010 at 9:58 PM

I regret that this will b my last year for attending the Clearwater COnnections. There are many more vendors than attendees and it seems like an extremely watered down version of the Vegas show last September.
While yesterday's opening speaker was great, today was a let down.
I decided to sit in an Xactimate seminar today. It was supposed to be 2 hours. He spent the first 50 minutes having peopl interview their neighbors about their favorite flowers, fastest cars they have been in, and their favorite colors. He then went from person to person having the neighbor tell the group about the person they had just interviewed. 50 MINUTES! I ( as well as many others) walked out in disgust! He wasted 1/2 the class! Apparently he didnt realize that I didn't pay $500 + travel, hotel for myself and my operations manager for us to hear other men tell us bout their favorite flower!

Needless to say, my unwillingness to sit through today (part 1) means that part 2 tommorrow will be a waste.... Oh well

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Maybe in the face of losses so big that they can't be hidden by Vegas profits, the fiscally responsible on the Connections Board can win out over the ones that just want a free trip to Florida. It is long past time to let this dog die.

F

FB7777

well said Bryan

here is another good argument for why you shouldn't waste $500 on the day long 2 hour infomercials and stick with the free trade show from someone who did

Re: Connections Clearwater 2010
Posted By Gregory Cole on 5/2/2010 at 2:52 AM
Since you asked Howard, I will answer at the risk of offending) I enjoyed hearing you speak your words. They were sincere and showed your true nature. However, I did not enjoy hearing you quote numerous other people. Zig Ziglar, etc... You have been doing this for over 10 years, you don't need to borrow their words to be impressive. Your accomplishments in general are impressive enough.(just my opinion.)
Truh be told: I felt as though your seminar was a 2 hour pitch on why we should pay you $3k to mentor us. I understand that you are in the business to sell your expertise. However, I believe that if you are teaching a seminar- it ahould be about teaching rather than shameless self-promotion.
Sorry if this was not the answer you were hoping for, but it is my honest opinion.
Perhaps you will consider what I said and make your talks even better!

Bjorn

So I take it the FREE ipad was not exactly free

You know any Mike contest is rigged that goes with out saying and the word free is never used.

I think the Punjabi BRC stuff is selling

saw some Squid marketing stuff in Hindi on ebay a week ago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom