Florida Tax

Name
jack zerkie
Received a letter from the state of Fl. tax dept. wanted me to call them.But before I called them, I talked to a local company and was informed. Tax is charged on all chairs and furniture that is fabric guarded.Then talked to a lady that worked for the state and didn,t know anything, she said anything that gets sprayed on anything gets taxed.I informed her about what I was told that only furniture fabric treatment is to be taxed, she said okey. Hope thats all, if anyone knows more please let me know. jz.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JACK ZERKIE said:
Received a letter from the state of Fl. tax dept. wanted me to call them.But before I called them, I talked to a local company and was informed. Tax is charged on all chairs and furniture that is fabric guarded.Then talked to a lady that worked for the state and didn,t know anything, she said anything that gets sprayed on anything gets taxed.I informed her about what I was told that only furniture fabric treatment is to be taxed, she said okey. Hope thats all, if anyone knows more please let me know. jz.

Jack....
I went through an AUDIT.... :evil:

I am walking out the door right now...But I will post when I get home...!

It will be around 4:00 am ..so if you need anymore Info..call me tommorrow..After 12:00

Harper

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jack..

This stupid LOOPHOLE was a amendment that was added to the Fl.sales tax law.
When Fl. tried to IMPOSE a sales Tax on all labor...It failed miserably. So this law
was amended to include this ridiculous "tangible tax".... :roll:

It is a complicated tax ...but can be easily avoided.... :!:

Basically, any service vendor can perform ANY labor ..and NOT charge Sales Tax..
BUT, if you apply or add any item to the service . The ENTIRE service ticket becomes
TAXIABLE..."including" the LABOR ..... :shock:

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE : If your truck is overheating...and you take it in for repair...!
If the technician only has to tighten a hose clamp.."THEN THERE IS NO TAX"..

HOWEVER...If the technician has to REPLACE a 25 cent hose clamp...THEN THE ENTIRE
SERVICE IS TAXABLE"..Including his LABOR.. :twisted:

The state of Fl. considers ANY item or Spray-On (protection} as a tangible improvement..
Thus the ENTIRE job is subject to the Fl. SALES TAX... :!:

There are SEVERAL ways to AVOID this TAX.."legally"... :idea: If you wish to know them
give me a call.. 8) Most of these issues can be AVOIDED by simply changing the way
your INVOICE is written... :idea:

EXAMPLE : If you list carpet cleaning @25 cents per sf. & ScotchGard @ 15 cents a sf..
YOU are liable to charge SALES TAX on the "entire service"... :twisted:

HOWEVER : If you "Clean & Protect" at 40 cents a sf... "you are NOT".... :shock:
Because you have NOT stated a SPECIFIC value to the ScotchGuard. It has
NO "tangiable value"...You can justify that you are GIVING the product away.

Thus it is a GIFT to the client "included" in the package PRICE and NOT subject to TAX !!!

Ps Many Golf Course's here in Fl. "AVOID" Liquor license issues ..Such as the OPEN CONTAINER LAW...& PACKAGE LIQUOR ISSUES By "renting" small coolers with a 6 pack of
BEER for $15.00 ... :!: "The BEER is a GIFT..included in the "Rental Agreement".... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom