Flotex/Olefin vinyl carpet

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
ShortyDownUnder said:
Who cleans it and what machine do you use??

Shorty,
The only Flotex I have ever seen was flocked nylon as it is usually printed and olefin never is printed. But either way I think Mr. Cimex will be the answer.

The demontrations I have seen have been done with water and a squeegee.

Let us know how it comes out.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hi Bill, good to see you here once more and thanks for your response.

Here's a link to Karndean COMMERCIAL, the Oz suppliers of Flotex.

http://www.karndeancarpets.com.au/austr ... /index.cfm

I have successfully cleaned Flotex with a rotary and plenty of water.

Toying with a loaned crb type machine tomorrow on a couple of class rooms to see how it goes.

Take care,

Shorty

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Shorty,
The toughest thing about cleaning any low-pile, no loose-pad carpet is getting crud up and out of it since there's no airflow through the nap or backing. If dirt hiding won't work, extraction must be done with S-L-O-W dry passes to pull soil up. The ideal method for heavily impacted carpet might be pre-shampoo, careful extraction and a follow-up with encap to hide any wicking.

When the stuff is used outside you can just pressure wash it.

West

Name
Clint
If your referring to Forbo's Flotex's Nylon carpet that is vct backed, I have cleaned several hundred thousand sq.ft. of it. I have 70,000 sq.ft. to clean of it next month. It is my favorite carpet to clean, super simple. Basic prespray and hot water extraction makes it look like new, best performing commercial carpet I have ever seen, great stuff.

chrisbaily

Often vacuum your area rugs regularly which means this can maintain the materials and look. This will certainly permit the dirt and dust to get decline off which will get on a regular basis settled to your rugs. If this is not cleaned appropriately it can harm the fiber from the area rugs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom