Flow and pressure poll

Mikey P

Administrator
Lets keep this simple.
In regards to average residential HWE carpet cleaning

What flow is your wand spraying at and at what pressure?

I guess I need to up the flow on one of my wands. I run standard 6 flow at 450. I know I am wasting heat. I think I will up the flow to a 12, 6, and 8 flow. The reason I am concerned about uping the flow is using too much water. Right now turning the water on is not really an option on some of the rentals I clean. Yesterday I cleaned a house that I used a pump sprayer for most of the job and hf for two rooms, keyed the wand on the back stroke only, and did everything I could to conserve the 75 or so gallons I had on board. I was working my down the steps which was the last thing I had to clean and ran out of water with four steps left. I had to knock on the neighbors door to get permission to hook up to their water supply. This rarely happens but would happen a lot more if I doubled my flow rate.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Are we comparing apples to oranges?

I am at 450-500 psi with 5 number 2 jets. BUT, I am running 3/8" solution hose so I maintain more pressure and flow than 1/4". My Powermatic has a pressure regulator instead of an unloader valve, so I don't drop 200 psi when I pull the trigger. Only about 25-50 psi difference. Bottom line, more pressure and flow at the same machine settings.

At least that is my understanding, so correct me if I am wrong.

Name
Nate W.
CleanEvolve said:
Whatever flow my TM came with?? and 350-450 psi.

Flow= Your jet size. Like 11002, 9502 the last 2 numbers tell you what size jet it is.

I'm running 12 flow @ 400-500psi with 1/4" solution hose. My gauge drops about 100psi when keyed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom