Flow & CFM

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
If a technician pre vacs and pre scrubs the carpet prior to going over with the wand is there much of a difference between having a higher flow and a higher cfm on the machine?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
IMO, angled jets and glides are the great equalizer. I use high flow and smoking heat but way less CFM than most and get amazing dry times. My CFM now is way less than the Prochem Everest I worked on before but my dry times are the same with everything else equal (same wand, flow and hose diameter).

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
By the time I'm done with the scrubbing, the carpet is looks clean. All I do now is a quick rinse. I get much faster dry times when I scrub before HWE. I'm beginning to think that I could use a Rotovac CFX instead of my TM and the end results would be the same.

Joe Bristor

I push both High SheAr AND High CFM ...
but funny you don't see either in T.A.C.T.

Time, Agitation, Chemical, Temp.
Anything else is secondary.

Nevertheless, the trend is to component cleaning ...
encap prespray,
CRB scrub for cutpile, oscillation for looped,
high sheAr and massive CFM HWE.
People still wanna see us suck it outside.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You can do all the prep work and the carpet will look clean, but all that soil that was stuck on the fibres is still there and needs to be rinsed. The flow helps to rinse and the CFM helps to recover. Its all part of the package.

lance

You can use the greatest PS in the world, and as much as you want. You can scrub until the cows come home but.......

You are paid to get rid of the dirt (extract) and everything else that you put in it. Anybody with water and a Shop Vac can "rinse" the carpet....cleaning the carpet is another matter.

You don't need as big (cfm) a machine as 5 years ago. 2.5 inch hose, a 2 inch wand, and a glide have made a small, single wand TM so much more productive. A 45 blowe and some extra HP behind it is all you need. You do need a lot of flow if you don't want to go over the same area again and again. Just ask Ron Lippold to go back to 6 flow at 300 psi and watch what kind of face he makes.

Vac up as much dirt as possible, emulsify the dirt that is left over, and then suck it up and dry it as fast as possible. Sell clean results that last longer than 3 months and have great customer service skills......and get ready to make some bank.

The secret to success is to deliver what you promise, take the time to do the job the right way the first time, and treat your customers like you would like to be treated. Hacks soak and slither away.....professionals take their time and build their empire one custy at a time.

huuuuuu-raaaaaaaa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom