flow question

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I am running 12 flow on my quadjet wand right now and am looking to buy a 14 inch greenhorn wand. I love the high flow cleaning but i'm not sure if I should go down to 10 flow? Going up to 15 flow would be way too much or would it be the same as my quad jet due to the larger cleaning path? I'm using a 405 with the first 50 ft. 2.5 inch vac hose. My other option would be getting a 12 inch greenhorn with the 12 flow but I wanted a wand with a bigger cleaning path. Any suggestions would be great.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
get the 15 thats what i am running.....get the 2s just in case you dont like it

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Get the Greenhorn. I doubt you will notice that much difference with the 2's and 5 jets instead of 4. The jet angle and spray position will leave carpet dryer. Your heat will be higher with lower flow using a heat exchanger.

More to a wand than flow as to how it performs, though flow is a biggy. You can always increase the psi a little to increase flow, especially with the Greenhorn jetting.

Farenheit251

I carry 2 Greenhorns. One with 10 flow and a slot,one with 15 flow. I have tried various configurations and;

I can't tell a difference in cleaning residential 7.5,10 or 15 all clean the same. The prespray and agitation make a big difference but not the flow.

On the other hand after a dry stroke the carpet seems just as dry regardless of flow- I'm not seeing better dry times with lower flow. They all dry quick.

I do like the 15 flow for restaurants,rat nasties or if I am trying to remove a pet odor.

Be aware that 15 flow can be a pain when cleaning a store or restaurant with nowhere to dump. A 100 gallon tank is barely adequate for me.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
In south Florida with the high humidity it's important how much moisture is left. I run 16 flow with Joe's sheer kit and I don't have any problem with drying. The difference really isn't as big as it sounds.

gene

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I think I'm going to get the 14 inch and buy an extra set of the 03 jets and test them both. I have been at 12 flow for a couple years now and have had no issues with dry times and the heat is ok too It stays at about 220 atm with that flow. If I need the carpet dry right away than I dry stroke a little more and put the airpath on it. I want to pimp out my 405 more too, that might help out some.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom