flyer delivery?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Part of my new years resolution is to put out a minimum of 200 fliers per day 5 days a week no matter whether I have any cleaning on that day or not, until I can afford to switch to having approximately the same number of postcards mailed.

The past couple of times I put out fliers I rode around in my car putting them in peoples newspaper boxes. The problem is probably half or less of houses in my area have newspaper boxes. Before that I rolled them up and stuck them between the door knob and the door frame, that worked ok but waaaayyyy tooooo slow.

My question is what is the fastest way to put out fliers but be able to hit every house in a given subdivision.

Any other ground breaking ideas you guys are willing to share would be appreciated also.

Thanks

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
High School kids and scout troops work for cheap. You may want to try that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The thought briefly crossed my mind while in the field this weekend. Probably not a good idea...lol

Residential Fliers in January will have an abysmal ROI compared to mid-March. Better to blitz commercial, professional offices (medical, legal etc.), schools, daycares.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i use to wrap and deliver newspapers in the morning and put my flier in them .....till i got fired for setting of car alarms and cutting up the garden turf ......getting up a 4am was a pain too...

Ed Hartman

Newspaper boxes are probably your fastest way. Another way is to get small clear plastic bags, put a couple pieces of candy in it to add weight, plus your flyer and toss it in the driveway

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Ed,

Have you ever done the bag tossed into driveway thing? If so did you ever get any complaints from people about having "trash" thrown in their yard?

I had thought of using a heavy weight card stock and rolling it up like a scroll tied with a ribbon and tossing it into the driveway.

I worried people would be mad having "trash" thrown in their yard.

Maybe using your idea they would see the candy as a freebie and forgive you for the "trash"? Just a thought.

Lee,

I'm in Florida so I'm hoping it being January won't hurt me too much. At least the weather is not a factor, it's in the 70's here. Besides I can't afford to wait until March to get some business. I need it now.

If I can can't just a measly 1/4 of a percent response I will be happy.

If any one thinks they know what it takes for a flier to succeed let me know and I'll email you mine and you can critique it for me.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Who would risk letting anyone eat candy thrown into their driveway?

Smart as sending your kids to strangers at Halloween.

ultraclean

have you tried door knobbing you get a flyer made up similar to what they use in hotels for the do not disturb sign then as you are packing up you do the house next door either side and the 3 or 4 house directly opposite the job you have just completed just hang on the front door handle i have found it works quite well...

Al

I used to do the news paper boxes, when times were slow and it does work.
When I absolutely had to find work I would get up at 2:00 or 3:00 am and start hitting the news paper boxes. Why so early? For one thing what other marketing can you do at 2:00 am?

The other reason is your percentage will go way up if you get behind the paper delivery guy.

Your flier won't blow out because you can put it under the paper and the homeowner will get it with the paper and it wont get crumpled into the back of the box.

Most times I would pass them out until it was time to make cold calls but sometimes I would continue to pass out fliers until someone called from one, and It did happen.

Many times I would get a call, they usually say I got one of your fliers in the paper this morning (even though it was just in the box) then they usually want to know how soon you can do it? So you tell them "this is probably to soon but one of my clients had to reschedule and I have an opening today...... They say awesome !

I once did a news paper insert, a real nice flier that went to 200,000 homes. It cost me 900 bucks and all I got was one estimate and one 40. dollar job. I was sick about it.....so I took that flier and had 2000 copies made and started putting them in news paper boxes myself and I got a call while on my first hundred stops.

Out of the 2000 I got 5 jobs.

I can't tell you how many times I left home with no work determined to bring home money and did.

It works in the winter too, put in the effort and it will happen.
AL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom