Flyers inserted into news paper

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Anyone done 25-50K at once? What % response & what % return did you get?

Serious responses only please.

LeeCory

Hi Jeremy,

I can answer this question because this is my primary method of advertising.

I could go into great detail but dont have the time at the moment.

You will have somewhere in the range of 1/2 of a percent response. That is plenty.

I'd be happy to go into more detail if you like later.

PARAMOUNT

not by newspaper but on doors and with 10000 placed by a company that does this and having them placed in and around areas of my choice with cheap prices and good service indicating on flyer i got a 2% return which really astonded me due to the fact i coulndt take on all that work. i had to refuse alot of customers. i do 10-15 houses a week do to my curent job.

the cost for the marketing co. to send those out (door to door) was 1200,but after doing 45 houses over three weeks i made good money and will do it againg but not 10000, only 3-5 thou.

SIMPLICITY IS HERE TO STAY...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Our local small town paper the Murray (KY) Ledger and Times has a paid circulation of slightly under 10,000 and is very well regarded.

It cost $390 to put in an insert, plus the cost of the actual printing, no matter the size (up to an eight page limit).

We do it about four times a year and figure that for $800 or so it gets us a few new customers.

However our BEST advertising is targeted direct mail with postcards or in-house newletters. Over twice the response per dollar spent.

Thanks,
Lee

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I did a flyer a couple years ago in the local paper. Cost around $600 for the whole thing. Must of been too early in the spring because it bombed.
I figured out that since I live next to a big city that NO ONE read the local paper anyway.They prefer the one big newspaper from the big city.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
small community papers are the very best...it cost me $250 worth of office carpet cleaning for 10,000...this was back in 1982...and i'm still working off them..I SWEAR!

I did it about four times...they made a mistake and inserted them into the ghetto area...i was so pissed until my phone started ringing wit little old black ladies calling me!

Of course flyer content means ever thing!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I did 5000 in our local paper. The same flier that I normally get 1-2 jobs for every 400 placed on door. Total cost was $650. I didn't even get one phone call out of it.

steve r

i prefer running a big add in the paper then everyone sees it.flyers get tossed but the paper hangs around longer too.in the long run can be cheaper too if they have a larger circulation.

LeeCory

First off there is a big difference between a flyer and an ad. An inserted flyer will get results, an ad most of the time wont.

I guess I should ask if you intend to just send them out one time or if you plan to do it regularly. You cant send out a flyer one time and expect anything. I send them out EVERY month and have done so for years. It is almost all I do.

I have a $25,000 copy machine and the counter on it is now very near 1 million. My business has been built from the beginning on flyers inserted into a small local paper and town money savers in surrounding cities.

Mass produced flyers, repeats and referrals have provided me 99.9 percent of all my work.

It has worked very well for me, but I don't know how it will work for others. You can't just do it one time, you have to continue to do it on a regular basis and people will begin to know your flyer.

Jeremy if you would like more info let me know, I think it looks like I am the only one that does this.

steve r

lee thats probably what happened to me.i ran flyers and got very little response,then a month or so later ran an ad and got a much better response from the ads so ive been sticking with that as far as the newspapers go.

the cost of printing and inserting them was as high as the cost of a half page ad for me.

i just got a whole page ad for less than the cost for just inserting in another small paper

Name
Steve Lawrence
My local paper has a new thing we're going to try this Sunday. It's a little 4" x 4" glossy sticker advertisement that is stuck right on the top of the front page. We're going to 27 K homes for about $1700. I'll be happy to get half a percent. 135 jobs for that price would be sweet!

Good luck with your promotion, Jeremy.

Trevor Truitt

I've done 5,000 out a couple of times and booked 5 to 8 good jobs each time. Good customers too. Made my money back plus a little.

I think that any decent flyer, if repeated, would at least make your money back and build your client base. Remember the lifetime value of a client.

Also, ask your newspaper if you can insert postcards. They are cheaper, different, and I think people would be more likely to hang onto a small stiff postcard than a big floppy flyer.

overnightprints and gotprint.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom