Fog and Run poll

Are you willing to "Fog and Run" homes, businesses, churches, schools etc?

• absolutely!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Not until fogging alone without cleaning is independently proven & widely accepted to be able to

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • never regardless.

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'm down to 20 L of 70% ethanol, I had 60 L before this (contact points)

used/onsold 10 bottles decon30 (I fogged airspaces with it, onsold was used as less than ideal alternative to unavailable hand sanitiser)

fogged 10 L chlorine dioxide (some on wdr)

then theres hydrogen peroxide?? (boosted prespray)

kept most my "approved" for aged care, medical facilities or known sites... and I've still got it

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Notice they are not using any protection.
Can you fog using peroxide? In what dilution?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm concerned about how it will affect the items being cleaned.
My door pad started to fail after spraying disinfectant on it.
How will fabrics respond to treatment?

Besides, the CDC just said that the virus isn't spread by surface contact as easily as first thought.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
My door pad started to fail after spraying disinfectant on it.

I think we'll be seeing a great deal of color loss on nylon and wool fibers from the high amount of chlorine based disinfectants being used by consumers. A few professionals I know have discolored textiles with chlorine dioxide as well.

If we hadn't had the "polyester revolution" in carpet a few years back, it would be even worse.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Ordinary soap and water kills the virus. Regular cleaning with soap and water is all that's required.
But then the germs become resistant to soap and water. Or is that Walmart shoppers? I get them mixed up.
to answer the poll, I have been using an ES to fog Saigers Cide in stinky houses (just as a bonus to cleaning) for about two years. Since the Kung Flu started, I have been asked once to fog an N-list product in a nursing home. Three rooms that were to be cleaned and the staff wanted some false sense that they would be safe to clean.
I explained what they needed to know about cleaning first and finally relented on condition that they explicitly understood that I was not helping and that They were throwing their money down the toilet for no good reason.
I suited up and fogged the H*ll outta those rooms and got a call two days later asking how to get the residue off the windows, hahahaha!
They have not called back for more fogging since, which makes me think “mission accomplished.”

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can saigercide be................fogged for this application?

I think NOT

Might as well go out and get some ODOban at home depot

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Notice they are not using any protection.
Can you fog using peroxide? In what dilution?
Its sprayed in meth decon all the time

i've never fogged it but you could, it would come down to what are you trying to achieve?

If removing bioload and odors from the air, mostly mould and fire jobs for me, I fog chlorine dioxide. safer than peroxide and more effective

If fogging to sanitise, and to physically pull down possible airbourne microbials I fog decon30, safer again

*I've been reluctant to fog as a response to covid-19, and haven't done any residential, only businesses that have asked, so they can fill out their health & safety register

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You know I do with that gun. But as I’ve mentioned, it’s just one more service we offer to our customers. No residential unless they’re connected.
So churches, yes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom