Fogging Judson Quat-a-Lot

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Phillip, as a general rule I don't like to concept of fogging for odor control. The products being fogged can be inhaled into the lungs. That is not good with any product, even water. There are also VOCs and other possible contaminants when products are fogged.

Sometimes fogging is need in duct work, but not air space in an open room. Seek to treat the source of the odor, which is usually not the air.

The best product depends upon the surfaces to be treated and the source of the odor. There is no single product that works for every odor.

CleanImage said:
Can this product be fogged for odor control?

If not, what you you recommend?

Phillip,

Yes the Quat-a-Lot can be fogged very successfully. It needs to be fogged with a cold vapor. I’ve had quite a few of my customers do this and this is what I recommend. You can get an inexpensive cold vaporizer from a drug store like Walgreens. These vaporizers create a cold mist and usually have enough capacity to run for about 12 hours.

When fogging, you will need to give it quite a few hours to be effective. You will have to clean the carpets afterwards and wipe down any hard surfaces. I will give you a couple of situations where our customers have been successful with fogging. One cleaner had a house with a lingering smoke odor that he treated. Other customers have used the fogging technique with Quat-a-Lot successfully on dog odors. It was used to eliminate odors under houses where an animal died.

I personally have used it in my personal garage where I had put rat poison out and several rats died and could not find them. The rats were having a buffet on our dog food. The odor was so bad I could not enter the garage. I fogged it with a cold vaporizer for 12 hours, opened the garage door and let it air out. It actually worked.

You can also add some DD12 in with the Quat-a-Lot to give it some fragrance for masking. As Scott mentioned, you will not be able to enter the area while fogging due to inhalation.

Thanks for the question. It is a good one.

w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZadZ7dmv498w]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom