Foil Tabs

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been meaning to mention this; received this email from JonDon which reminded me plus gave me a pic to post. http://www.jondon.com/email/sales/10Jul ... uly10third

Take a look at the foil tab. Now I know they have the foil-side up in order to show off the tab, but how many times have you seen them under furniture from a previous cleaner with the foil side up? Some people were just never taught.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you mean they still make those things......sticky tabs rule.............

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back when we use to use foil tabs, we always put them foil side up.

Cardboard was to absorb the moisture and foil protected the leg from the moisture.

Wouldn't it be slower drying with the foil side down? :?:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Wow, we always used the foil side down and would cup it around the leg. It then slid right over the wet carpet like you had a glide on it! That way you could tab a sofa then slide it back in..

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Brian H said:
Wow, we always used the foil side down and would cup it around the leg. It then slid right over the wet carpet like you had a glide on it! That way you could tab a sofa then slide it back in..

That's how we used to use them.

TimP

One of the ex cleaners in my area always put them foil side up......

When I find them that way I know who I'm cleaning after. The last time I found one I had to send a picture to Rex cause he always mentioned how the dummy could never get it right. Needless to say they were always crusted to the furniture and have obviously been soaked through the paper.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Personally I miss them because they were faster. I like the way they bend around and then slide back in place. Clear plastic took some time to get used to but I like them now because they hardly show.

gene

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Doc Holliday said:
Back when we use to use foil tabs, we always put them foil side up.

Cardboard was to absorb the moisture and foil protected the leg from the moisture.

Wouldn't it be slower drying with the foil side down? :?:

Same as Richard. Use sticky tabs now.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yes, thank God for Sticky Tabs, I've got a bunch of the white plastic yet, hardly use them. Don't think I ever used the foiled ones. Made sense to put it foil side down just to keep moisture away. The floor is protected and so is the furniture leg. When the paper gets wet it weakens the tab.

Whenever I find them now I know I dealing with someone behind the times. The last time was Service Master

Name
steve snail
using foil-paper is "old school"....some up-scale appreciate old school. Carry sticky's...but limit their use to legs of furniture where just can't reach with foil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom