FOJL

Name
Lee Stockwell
Posted By Lee Stockwell on 4/19/2000 at 12:23 PM on Cleanfax
Hi Rob,

The FOJL started out as a tongue-in-cheek way for various cleaners coming to the bulletin board to show their determination to be friends and not be overwhelmed by the "my way is better than your way" mentality of our industry. We have friends who are in all parts of the country useing all kinds of tools. We disagree, we banter, we learn. WE DON'T BASH.

Jackson Lloyd was the individual we victimized to lend a name to our effort, after he took a whuppin for expressing his dismay that he wasn't making the large numbers some were claiming. He admitted he didn't have the credentials several then tagged onto all their posts. Thus our friend, Armand Taddeo, started FOJL, Friends of Jackson Lloyd. AT was a multi-Butler owner, and like a lot of us was tired of the constant put-downs.
This is his mission statement, as posted on our site:

The FOJL was founded in APRIL 1999 on the CleanFax board. Its sole purpose; to foster a bond between carpet care professionals regardless of methods employed, or equipment used. To share knowledge, learn from each other, and take pride in our chosen profession! Welcome All! _________________________

We are just human, and sometimes individuals who have joined us have disappointed us, but we are not going to bash them either. We all have something to contribute.

Thanks,
Lee

vp fojl

dgargan

Wow lee that brings back some memories. I met some great guys back then. Thanks for the memories. Great seeing you again last week

David

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Good old Clayton. He attached more acronyms after his name than there are letters in the alphabet.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I did some emails with Clayton 2 1/2 or 3 years ago. Nothing recently.

I still have the purple T-shirt with the squid.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I wasn't around then but the concept is good to set as a standard for my posting.

Thanks Lee

F

FB7777

its so sweet to see some of you fossils reminice about a "Kinder and gentler board" like it was the fricken good ole days

give me an in your face, honest opinion board and a half dozen or so guys who I trust and value their input when I'm in a bind that are plugged into my cell phone

quite a few FOJL member seemed to be programed to push OP, Squid Forms, Caching and recoil trUcKmouNts

FOJL was a Squid Pro Quo Network Marketing Scam :shock: :shock:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Fred being fred.

You painted a lot of great people with your stubby brush...but that's your style. Along the lines of earlier posts in this thread I think you have a lot to offer....but I can't recall it at the moment.

:-)
Lee

Marc Imbesi

Fred has never had anything to sell, nor is he in someone's corner that does. That's an opinion I trust. Thank you, Fred.

Marc Imbesi

Fred wasn't a kiss azz...and neither was I, therefore I was never a member, too. Guess that makes me a bad person. thathurts

F

FB7777

I thought I'd at least get a chuckle out of the Squid Pro Quo ( you shill mine, I'll shill yours comment ) :mrgreen:

I was around back then too, I believe the information now, and honest opinions flow more freely now than back then

Yes, you are correct John G, I wasn't a 'member' ... a member of what exactly? Were there dues and meetings?

It was my impression that it was a few guys that each recommended each others services and products on the internet and signed their post with FOJL

Marc Imbesi

You know, John....I can see right through you.....the Trinity is finally for sale and here you are participating on the BB's again....coincidence? blowme

Mikey P

Administrator
I fell hook line and sinker for that Recoil bullshit.

yeah yeah Ed is a great guy, goes above and beyond in his customer service ya da da.. :roll:

Its still a RV toilet tank with dime store parts.

I better up my PLI.

John G.

LOL Maarc, I have been a bit busy, YES, and I am finally about done, YES, but NO, FOJL wasn't about kissing anyone ones ass, if you could recall, you should remember how I got in to FOJL.. do ya? And if you know the answer to that, you will see your posts are just BULLSHIT!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:
I fell hook line and sinker for that Vortex bullshit.

yeah yeah Shawn is a great guy, goes above and beyond in his customer service ya da da.. :roll:

Its still a RV toilet tank with no longer any access to parts.

And there was no vegan tacos

I fixed that up for ya Mikey! shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom