for bag vacuum users

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
what do you need to watch for on south facing doors and windows?
11-03-05livingroom1.jpg

this pic is just to the left of the door
11-03-05livingroom5.jpg

I run into this every now and then. Somewhat time consuming.

Name
Nate W.
I must be stuck on stupid right now, what is wrong with the carpet in the south windows? What the heck do you need to watch out for? Is it sun damage, fading, ect....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What does it have to do with Bag Vacuums?

Ron, yer killin me...what the hell are you talking about?

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdpLXEWnXAg7]

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My guess would be, he is trying to say that in the area where he is, some of the south facing windows would have a lot of sun damage.

Sunshine constantly hitting the carpet- breaking it down to a powder where in this case I assume Ron was wernerizing that small area for 43minutes.

What he is saying I guess is that with a bag vac, you can't see the progress of that powder coming up and you would think you are done vacuuming in 2 minutes.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
11-03-05livingroom3.jpg

I see you've encountered it too.
The top 2"s is from that area. It would be all white but I kept alternating with the area coming out of the kitchen which still had some soil coming out. I could see it on the white powder. I've half filled the canister from areas like this.

If I was using a bag vac I wouldn't even be aware there was an issue here with white powder. The carpet has seriously degraded from the sunlight.
11-03-05livingroom4.jpg

I didn't spend 45min on this area, though I did spend an extra 10. No sense leaving it there.

Grant D

How many cfm's does your beloved Cleartrak have? Those new bagless sanitaire's I think are around 125, seems like a good option but I know you'll never switch.

Name
Nate W.
I'd be asking how old the carpet is, where they purchased it from. I've seen carpet degrade 4 months installed in some units even where sunlight doesn't hit it. My pops is a flooring inspector. A few high rise buildings have had problems like this, but it was spec'ed wrong from the retailer... Here in Hawaii, any windows will show signs of sun fading, not just south facing windows. I get that your up in Canada, but I was having a mental block last night... :oops:

You guys most likely don't have a problem with ozone fading. The carpet fades where ever air can get to it. If a dresser or chair is in one spot, then you move it, it would be the original color. Most of the time the blue left the carpet. This happens in a tropical climate. shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
we get a little of that here too Nate, just not as dramatic over a short time.

That carpet is over 10yrs old, I believe original to the house, so 15-20yrs maybe. I believe she even said the windows are supposed to block UV.
This deterioration I've seen has only occurred under direct sunlight from south facing windows. The pile yarns gets a rounded look.

I have no idea what the CFM of the Cleartrak is. Its an 8amp motor, 1" tubing. It'd be cool to modify it to fit a 3 stage or a high speed 2 stage vac! All I know is that if I'm not getting any soil, I think it's plugged. I can tell from the pitch of the motor if something is amiss.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ron, please tell readers you have a bagless $800 commercial vac, not the bissell for $49-99 big differences when comparing a bagless to bag vacs.

:idea:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom