For the businesses who have several vans with 2man crews

Do your Lead Techs get paid Hourly, Salary, or Commission?

• Hourly

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Salary

• Commission

• Total voters

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm not sure if two counts as several, but I pay assistants minimum wage plus 5%, crew leaders minimum wage plus 11%. Works out to be mid to upper teens for assistants, and low to mid 20 per hour range for crew leader. Overall labor rate is just under 30% for the truck that has two guys on it (I'm still on the other truck most days)

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Chris A, what is that <30% pre tex, WC?

Ours is hourly and %

you have to factor all the costs in....

and we have 401k and profit sharing and 6 month no miss(copied the great idea from .... apple guy). no health ins

Chris A

Name
Chris
32% including my contributions, I don't have a 401k set up, I do pay for part of one techs health insurance, the others opted out of it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm not sure if two counts as several, but I pay assistants minimum wage plus 5%, crew leaders minimum wage plus 11%. Works out to be mid to upper teens for assistants, and low to mid 20 per hour range for crew leader. Overall labor rate is just under 30% for the truck that has two guys on it (I'm still on the other truck most days)

We did very similar. We started off assistants at $9/hr during their 90 day probation period. Then min. wage + 3% to start. Did 6 month evaluations where they could get 1 or 2% raise. Leads started at min wage + 7% and same every 6 months evaluated for 1-2% raise.

We also did % on upsales. Started at 10% for lead, 5% for assistant and those could be increased as well if they hit certain goals.

We used this something similar to this to track it. I recreated it from memory a year ago. I'm playing around with creating a digital version of it. (PDF attached if you want to download it and edit it to your needs)

daily log.jpg

Attachments

• daily_log.pdf
    62.6 KB · Views: 233

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom