For the Cimex-ers out there....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
After cleaning the open areas, do you go back and clean the edges and corners with a brush or towel? Just curious what you are using, if anything.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
For stairs and smaller areas we use a hand held makita sander/buffer tool with a cimex pad (one pad is the perfect size) and a hand held spray bottle to apply product.

However most cimex jobs are larger open areas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rarely.

When we first started encapping we would use a corner bristle brush. We eventually figured out that vaccuming the corners and edges with a backpac would allow us to get close enough without needing the brush. We still take it but rarely use it.

Those edges are never dirty from traffic, just dust. So the vacuuming is generally enough for an even appearance. You can use a towel and dip it in the soulution but I wouldn't use the same towel or you'll contaminate your cleaning solution.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
We do not do anything for corners and edges. Most of the places we break out the cimex are on a schedule which includes periodic hwe. Rick at excellent supply does sell a brush with two heads (for rough and soft agitation) that would work. I use it for spots.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I thought Marty was the only thing with two heads that performed with encap. :lol:

Hello $Marty BUDDYYYYY.

:yoda:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The edges seldom need more than vacuuming. But if in fact the edges are soiled, a simple trick is to spray some encap detergent along the edges and then quickly run over it with the "Edge Brush". it's quick and easy and it cleans up the edges nicely... http://www.excellent-supply.com/Edge-Brush-Carpet...

P.S. The Edge Brush also works great for treating filtration lines.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
True....most carpets are not dirty near the base board, and if you have filtration lines, Cimexing ain't gonna get it. Cimexing in areas with carpet as a baseboard material isn't bad....you can get that beast right up against the wall. But with finished baseboards, the spinning head could cause you a few scratching problems if not careful.

Course, if I was padding, you could let the pad flop up against the wall and into corners, as John would say.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom