For Those Doing WD Work....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
What is the Blue Book price, or Exacto-mate price for carpet cleaning and deodorizing? Square foot wise? Just curious.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Madison, Wisconsin and Chicago
.22 light .27 Clean & deodorize min charge $111.31

What is the Blue Book price, or Exacto-mate price for carpet cleaning and deodorizing? Square foot wise? Just curious.
.23 light .29 Clean & deodorize Min Charge $111.88

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jason del Norte

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
.22 light .27 Clean & deodorize min charge $111.31

.23 light .29 Clean & deodorize Min Charge $111.88

Yep...... .29 a foot is all they'll pay around here. NE Ohio, Youngstown. Cheap ass bastard adjusters. In most cases, your cleaning soil from the custys all ready dirty carpet, and they expect miracles. Custys think that they're going to get the WD cleaning, and a perfect carpet cleaning from their own soiled carpets. I was at .35 a foot.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You don't need to go by xactimate prices, I go by own prices depending on the job, if the job already has a good amount of profit in it I'll go lower but if it's a small job, requires extra trips, etc, than charge your own price, I hardly run into a problem like that - just justify it on the line item or on your invoice.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I charge .35/.45. Never had an adjuster complain. If they don't use me, they have to use a cleaner 50 miles away. Guess that's why. But I've seen service master here. State Farm will send them out if the homeowner calls the 800#.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris A

Name
Chris
we charge .27 to clean for our restoration companies we work for. well add for anything out of the ordinary but that price includes most everything, not sure what the big deal is.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
we charge .27 to clean for our restoration companies we work for. well add for anything out of the ordinary but that price includes most everything, not sure what the big deal is.

The big deal, Chris, is that the insurance companies don't have a problem raising their prices any time they feel like it. I am just sub-contracting out to a WD company, and I am responsible for getting the carpet clean, reguardless of how it was cared for before the claim. And, if the insured has any complaints, the adjuster calls screaming at my Wd company, whether the custy was right or wrong. I'm not there to do any favors, I'm there to make as much as possible. In most cases I am saving insurance from buying new carpet, which would be 10-20 times the cleaning price. and.......I have to schedule around THEIR work schedule, which sometimes means showing up at a job just to wait for other contractors to clear out. I usually spend more time on insurance work than a comparable regular custy job.

Last edited:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I always charge the heavy staining line item - unless it is pristine and it has little to no odor or it is a 2500 sq ft cleaning.

Stain work is $150/hr including chems.

This is a line item they want to spend on - they know how much the alternative (replacement) costs.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just haven't had that experience is all. We are only responsible for returning to pre loss condition as I'm sure you know, if they are pigs and ttrashed he carpet before it got wet that's their problem.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I edited that post Chris - adjusters know custy's will be very critical so they usually won't complain about a higher price cleaning affected. Unaffected such as a LR or starirs you had to walk over etc - different story.

They are reducing line items, removing line items, arguing bsc's, expecting during hours charges on 4 hours of work just because you arrived at 4:59 - I stack it and let them whack it - ends up where it should be in the end.

Reactions: Chris A

Chris A

Name
Chris
My post wasn't directed towards you Anthony, I know you do this stuff everyday, but for us carpet cleaners that occasionally get into post WD cleanings that's good to know there's an option for trashies. I've had our estimators inform us that their client was bitching about how the cleaning came out but they're usually on our side from the get go.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I always charge the heavy staining line item - unless it is pristine and it has little to no odor or it is a 2500 sq ft cleaning.

Stain work is $150/hr including chems.

This is a line item they want to spend on - they know how much the alternative (replacement) costs.

I should say that I don't bill the insurance directly. The WD company I work for does the billing. I just send them the billing for carpet or upholstery cleaning, and they add it on or bill insurance their own rates. I don't care if they make money on my cleaning.....afterall .....they do all the other work such as drydowns. I get the exact sf measurements from them, and bill accordingly. The insurance companies want EXACT numbers.

Chris A

Name
Chris
lol, anytime I get a scope from one of our restoration guys the square footage is usually 25% higher than it actually is, they must usually get away with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom