For you everest owners...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
When you go and get an oil filter or spark plug or some other "engine" part

How do you ask for it at the parts counter???

Seeing as most auto parts stores want a "make" of VEHICLE

A

amazingcleansc

Let me ask you this. do you ever get pissed at parts counters? I know there is about a 50% chance I will every time i go to deal with one. The guy usually knows nothing about fixing things, just looking them up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yes, hence the reason i wanna know a automobile to match it to...

My 1 chimp works for Auto zone....soooo most times i am ok

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the manual only gives the kubota number John and the kubota filters cost a fortune and you have to order them. If you change your oil every 50-100 hrs it adds up

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The evereat has a Nissan and it does give part numbers for both. He could also take them in and match them up or just call the shop and order them but thY would be to easy :s

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh the manual i didnt get cuz its on its 3rd owner :idea:

or the engine manual that i cant find online :?

or the regular manual that damn near took an act of god to find online and i now have it as my home page :evil:

or the fact that this is i think a karcher built model...so its like one of the 1st, which puts it at 6-7 yrs old :roll:

or that in that time, things have changed when it comes to CAR motors which this is....did you know they have antifreeze that can be put in any system, green orange, blue, or the same can be said for tranny fluid...

or the fact this from a mfg who says for a dual wand machine.....dont go over a 6 flow or .45 for each wand if running 2 :shock:

or a mfg that can put a high temp light on but not a guage to tell me how hot the machine is :x

or same to be said about a tach on this thing...really you can fix alot of probs just by watching the tach :idea:

pick your side John....

that of a company man that swears by what the mfg tell him/them

or 1 of the guys making slight changes as they go to make their life better...

And no i dont want to call or drive the 130ish round trip at 10 mpg...13 x 3.05 is almost $40 just so you can tell me i gotta spend an extra $200 or something

but hey, as i have read i see that i get about zero aid in things as a new "prochem guy" yet i have seen others ask and get oodles of info, wether it helped or not.....

AND YES I AM FEELING A BIT BITCHY blowme blowme blowme blowme

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hmm you haven't called once. Of you had I would have got you a manual FREE oh and since we have the plugs and filters on the shelf TW would have sent them to you which would have been cheaper then driving to the store. Your whiny post gets no sympathy from me but if you stop wasting your time running in cires and pick up the phone I'll be happy to get you a manual FOR FREE and have the guys help you.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i called once, talked to TW, and he helped me out a ton....was before i put it in..

these are questions for FUTURE reference, so i can cut off issues before or when they happen in a timely manner

My CURRENT issue is one of the 3 way valve, which when turned to HOT turns off the pressure :?

I am still trying to decide if i am going to pull an exchanger or 2 out, and just rely on the helicoil, and maybe the 1st/last exchanger to preheat that water to the water box....cuz with that burner, it gets scary hot sometimes

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh and i need a radiator for it....or to get it fixed, it has a small leak

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You can get the raditor fixed. It will be much cheaper. Replace the 3 way valve if it isn't working talk to TW. You can by pass the two exhaust exchangers for the summer and still run 210 but come winter you'll need them. TW will be at the shop later today helping Chris. The are insanely busy but if you talk nice and order them pizza next week I'm sure he'll be more then happy to help you on the phone for a few minutes

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
You look at the part number and request that part.

ok so MR smart asses who have the same response....
I need a thermostat for the machine...guess what they dont have part numbers on them...

SO NOW WHAT?????

AND THEY HAVE DIFFERENT SHAPES.....AND WHAT ABOUT THE GASKET...NO NUMBER THERE EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess i see if my research paid off or not.....

and if it does

SCREW YOU FIND YOUR OWN MOTOR ID :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I should just let this slide but... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: 2 minutes on the phone and a couple bucks but instead you run Around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to save a f'n buck

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

it was in fact a few minutes at the counter (after i made $70 for buffing)

And today
IT WAS CORRECT....

ANYONE WITH A NISSAN MOTOR WANNA KNOW HOW TO LIST IT AT THE AUTOPARTS STORE???

shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
IN all seriousness John...

I would hope you arent serious about me driving and/or paying for shipping to/from you, on parts for the motor, when they can be had at the local auto parts store...

What kind of smart business person would do that???

NOW when my Carpet Cleaning parts AKA prochem only. Start taking a shit, you can bet ill be calling you...

So for kicks and giggles...

how much is a thermostat??? cost for you to replace??

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We spent more $ dealing with our TM mechanic(before was our local interlink more $$$), than it was worth it. The legend would always break even after the mechanic say "nope, it's in top shape now...". What a pain that was.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No reason to drive down for a $12 part(guessing) but the $4.95 for shipping would have been cheaper and faster then running in circles thinking your saving a buck.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well ifn your close to what interlink is (i am browsing their site, it had a link for something else and they have pics :D )

any way $17.37...

az 9.99

and OMH, since when is an alternator $907.69???or a starter at $635.53???

and i got it today, instead of waiting

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
First thing I do when I buy a used TM is call the manufacture for an owner’s manual. All the slide-ins I have ever owned have air cooled Kohler engines which all take a universal oil filter available at Wal-Mart. I know water cooled engines last twice as long, but they also cost twice as much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom