Forget about Mikey's place as a trial run for Smartstrand

TimP

They need to give it a year and see how it turns out......

I didn't see any results for sure. I'd think they would do the test before releasing information that they were doing it.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Plenty of soil and other things, but only two weeks of wear? It will probably look better after cleaning than two years of wear around oily soils in homes and businesses will after cleaning.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cu said:
haha he aint got no glide on that wand....must be a hack

maybe not as much as the crowd thinks...cause an unglided wand cleans cut piles better than a hole glide

regardless whether Smartstrand is worth a chit or not, that's a GREAT marketing video

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hardly a real world test. 2 weeks of dirt and pee. No food or drinks or asphalt. We know the urine wasn't completely extracted and how good of marketing was it if we're just hearing about it?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I've been doing my own testing on it.

The Sorona Polymer is corn based... The FTC gave it its own fiber designation. From now on you'll have Nylon, Olefin(polypropolene), Polyester, and Triexata(Dupont Sorona).

Anyways I took a 27 by 48" Smartstran Sample that is part of the Karastand line and dumped Catchup, Furniture Stain, Permanent Marker, Chocolate and then loaded up some of the dry soil from a recently badgered rug and mixed it with some differente household oils. Through it all on the carpet sample and then dragged it around the mud and dirt on the shop parking lot. I extracted one foot with just water.. ( 190 F 600 psi greenhorn 10 flow. Three heavy wet strokes each).

I then waited two weeks before I extracted the rest. I'll get to attempting the spots (furniture stain and Permanent Marker) at some point. But again the extraction was no vacuuming.. just several hot water only passes with the wand. I plan on doing a vacuum and badger test as well when i get the chance.

Picture 1: Just the spots and stains

11112009001.jpg

Picture 2: Well soiled
11112009002.jpg

Picture 3 and 4: One foot extracted after 1 day
11112009003.jpg

11112009006.jpg

Picture 5: Entire Thing extracted:
11112009055.jpg

Picture 6: One more picture:

11112009057.jpg

I'm impressed with the water only part, once I've tried the spots, I'll try a prespray and see if the darker oiler areas can be revived.

Also we have been walking on this at the entrance to our offices for the last year and a half and have had no real crush issues.

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
I've been doing my own testing on it.

The Sorona Polymer is corn based... The FTC gave it its own fiber designation. From now on you'll have Nylon, Olefin(polypropolene), Polyester, and Triexata(Dupont Sorona).

Anyways I took a 27 by 48" Smartstran Sample that is part of the Karastand line and dumped Catchup, Furniture Stain, Permanent Marker, Chocolate and then loaded up some of the dry soil from a recently badgered rug and mixed it with some differente household oils. Through it all on the carpet sample and then dragged it around the mud and dirt on the shop parking lot. I extracted one foot with just water.. ( 190 F 600 psi greenhorn 10 flow. Three heavy wet strokes each).

I then waited two weeks before I extracted the rest. I'll get to attempting the spots (furniture stain and Permanent Marker) at some point. But again the extraction was no vacuuming.. just several hot water only passes with the wand. I plan on doing a vacuum and badger test as well when i get the chance.

Thanks for the pics and leg work. :)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I posted these a while back, urine stain under a LED light
smartstrandurine1.jpg

treated with bac out and the stain disappeared from the LED light
smartstrandurine2.jpg

customer treated some spots with water, I couldn't find them with a LED light so had to sniff around the carpet to find them
smartstrand carpet with pet pad, some of the easiest urine work I ever did

Back
Top Bottom