Forsythe and o'Halick I got one for ya.

Mikey P

Administrator
A lady calls today all concerned about her 100% Aliphatic Polymer rug.

Seems the no one wants to clean it at here home and she does not want to pay Talisman prices.

She calls it a Kelati Rug. The label says Natco Products Corp.

I Googled it but didnt find much.

Any idea?

Another fancy name for Polyester?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It's an Olefin.

I think "Kelati" is a pattern type used to describe the nature of the coloring. Bryan would know more on this.

timnelson

I think the proper spelling is "Kelaty." Rug wholesaler out of UK. Not sure, but I've seen acrylic rugs with that description.

Name
I'm Rick James
YEah its just another fancy name for olefin/polypropylene (polymer). Aliphatic describes the group of orgaanic chemical compounds in which the carbon atoms are linked in openn chains. You wont have any trouble cleaning this rug.
:mrgreen:

timnelson

I stand corrected: Kelati is the name of a rug collection from Natco/Oriental Weavers. Machine made cut pile in 100% Exellan (polypropylene). They seem to market it as a "high-end" synthetic Oriental.

Should know better by now than to doubt Shawn. :wink:

CapeCleaner

Just made a visit to estimate a good size job that included two area rugs. I hadn't seen the name before and wanted to confirm my thought that the rugs were synthetic. I did a Google search for "kelati carpet aliphatic polymers" and the ONLY result was Mikeysboard! I guess I should have looked here first.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The "polymer" is darn near a defacto indicator that it is synthetic, while the "aliphatic" is the indicator of olefin/polypropylene.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Shawn we is linked at the mind I tell ya...............linked at the mind.

TimP

I heard it was called Hurculon or something like that too.

Greenie

can u imagine being linked to Jimmy's mind? be like looking into a shattered mirror.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom