Frankenstein TM

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Ok,lets say that you like some of the items from different TM makers, like say a tank design from one and the heat exchanger from another and so on. What is the solution to this delima? Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll have a bastard son TM that isn't a system, which may work great or may not work at all.

See if you can get one of them to build you what you want or like.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
You will never find the perfect TM, even if you have it built to your specs. If it is possible, demo the machines that you are most interested in. You might find that there are some really well designed systems out there already.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
You should be able to use any tank you want, that would be the least of your problems. Problems you typically run into are mating the different components to each other - different sized ports for your heat exchanger for one, and silencing the blower for another. It is fairly easy to build a frame, and connect a pump and blower to an engine for a simple TM, add an external heater, and you are in business. I have built 2 this way. It took a lot longer than than I expected, and finding mating parts was an issue. It was also pretty expensive. Aligning the different components to function reliably and properly is also a task in itself.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The devil is in the details with a truck mount. They are all really simple on the surface but the quality of the components and engineering details make all the difference. I would not rethink the wheel unless you need to keep a older machine running.
I’m getting ready to reengineer my buddy’s Chemtex. By pulling the EX and installing a diesel heater. I’m replacing the engine and it has a stainless tank. He should be able to rock that thing for another ten years. The only downside is that he will have to run a power cord for the heater or run an inverter off the van.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't see why that isn't impossible. Pick the best engine, the best pto, the best blower, the best pump, the best heat system whether boiler or HX. There's no magic in a TM. Everything just needs to be plumbed well together and geared/pulleyed/drive matched.

For the most part there are tm's that already work well and are built with warrantees.

gtech12v

That is what I did with my Truckmount the base for it is an Steamway Legacy 2100 frame , had a new smaller waste tank build , 31hp Kohler water Cooled engine,47 blower, Cat 3000 psi pump with pressure regulator
all new 3/8 hoses and connectors ,under the van silencers works like a charm

rick imby

Name
Rick
Warranty can be a pretty nice thing with a new truckmount. Every thing looks easy and overpriced from the outside. I dont' think there really is that much margin added on by the smaller manufacturers in the industry. I think the small manufactures only dream of making per hour what a good cleaner can make.

Rick

Prepaid Cell phone tips

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
the waste tank is pretty much THE key part of a good TM.......
i'm not refering to a lawnmower mount but a REAL one......
They GOTTA be Stainless and baffled correctly....
and THAT'S very pricey.....kinna why i ain't building no more........
can't find a Genie waste tank.........i BUY or BUILD all the rest!

Name
Danny Strickland
the waste tank is pretty much THE key part of a good TM.......
i'm not refering to a lawnmower mount but a REAL one......
They GOTTA be Stainless and baffled correctly....
and THAT'S very pricey.....kinna why i ain't building no more........
can't find a Genie waste tank.........i BUY or BUILD all the rest!

did you sell the last one you built??? how much did you get for it???

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I thought you were not building anymore because you were just wanding chairs with a SS upholstery tool.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The waste tank is the key....? Yeah, my Steamgenie had a great waste tank, it is now connected to a lawn mower engine and a #4 blower that is sucking harder than the Genie's 47 ever did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom