Freeze warning.. ........................ keep it hot

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Got this from TCS today... Not many companies warn you like this........ because they want you to freeze up so they can make money!!!

134.jpg

ATTENTION ALL CARPET CLEANERS!

This is a courtesy reminder from your friends at TCS to keep your equipment warm this winter. Don't let the first frost this year catch you by surprise. Water freezes at 32° F. When it freezes, it expands and can cause MAJOR DAMAGE TO YOUR TRUCKMOUNT SYSTEM, such as:

1. Broken heater coil - (might be re-welded)
2. Broken wand valves - (must be replaced)
3. Cracked or broken chemical meter - (must be replaced)
4. Cracked water pump manifolds - (must be replaced)
5. Cracked & punctured hoses - (must be replaced)
6. Cracked or broken heat exchanger - (must be repaired or replaced)

HERE IS WHAT TO DO (If you have a TCS truckmount):

(A) KEEP UNIT ABOVE 32° F. Park your trucks in a heated garage or place a kerosene, propane, or U.L. rated electric heater inside.

(B) Fill a 5 gallon bucket with 3½ gallons of RV/Boat antifreeze. Take the supply hose out of the fresh water tank and insert it into the bucket of antifreeze. Also take the chemical feed hose out of your chemical bucket and insert it into the bucket of antifreeze.
- Attach your wand to the high pressure line
- Turn the system on and allow it to run for 3-5 minutes until you see the antifreeze coming out of your wand (DO NOT TURN YOUR HEATER ON!)
- Hook up all your other wands, detail and upholstery tools, etc., one at a time to the high pressure line until you see the antifreeze coming out of their jets.
- Turn the system off.

(C) Place a "free" (un-attached) female pressure fitting over the male water input and once on the pressure output on the console to allow draining and give what solution may be left room to expand in the lines if necessary.

(D) Bring the chemicals that are not freeze-stable and your wands inside.

IF YOU HAVE A DIRECT DRIVE OR A HEAT EXCHANGER TRUCKMOUNT, DON'T FORGET TO RUN ANTIFREEZE THROUGH YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM, YOUR WANDS AND YOUR OTHER TOOLS

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
It got down to 25 last night... The garage was nice and toasty at 6:30 am this morning when I got into the office..... But the heat in my office will not come on.. but the big Modine gas heater was on in one of the garages.... so i got lucky..... I think my heat pump froze up.. it should have switched to emergency heat but it didnt

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
If I do this to my CDS machine would I still have to put a heater into my truck? It's in a unheated garage in Northern Idaho.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yeap, put my heater in last night. Also, charged the batteries for the monitoring devices. Had a freeze up last year but solved the problem with a salamander for about 2 hours. Lines weren't completely froze yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom