Freeze Warning

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm putting my trucks in the garage tonight. Those of us in the northern states should check local conditions. It's that time of year.

DevilDog

My van is completely insulated with an installed heating system. The plug is built into the outside of the van and all I have to do is plug it in at night and everything is toasty warm.

The BEST heating setup I have seen in a van.

DevilDog

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Perhaps i'll set the thermostat on my 40' radiant overhED up jus a tad then...thanks Art!

danpauselius

Todd, please explain, in detail, your heating system. I got a new box truck a couple of months ago and am seriously worried about freezing issues.

DevilDog

It is completely insulated with a heating system hard wired into the doors. Then there is a plug box that goes through the side of the van. You just flip the plug box open and plug a regular cord into it.

The heat and fan turns on in the doors, back doors, and heats the thing up.

WORKS GREAT! In my neck of the woods we don't have to worry about a lot of cold days. But it does get real cold sometimes.

This system works great and keep everything nice and warm. LOVE it.

DevilDog

R

R W

I use a heated garage.....that way the entire van is warm, and no condensation on the interior walls from an in van heater.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I may have a deal with firestone worked out for 350 a month parking in the winter indoors

Driguy

Rex Tyus said:
In case I have never mentioned this before, I love Florida.

I hear that.

I did some CAT adjuster work down in Sebastian Florida in 05 after the 4 hurricanes rolled through. First time i had ever been to Florida on business ( was there in the winter months) I don't think it ever dropped below 80 degrees during the day. All through November and early December before i came up north it was nice and warm.

I drove back up to VA day before thanksgiving with a Tan, sunglasses a tee shirt and some shorts....

it was 38 degrees when i got home.. god i want to move back to florida.

Rex Tyus

8) 8) 8) if ya don't mind some high winds from time to time with torrential rains and air you need gills to breathe in during the summer it is the place to be (thought I would point out the downside before some bonehead from Cali did). :wink:

TimP

Here in FL the summer here can be a real killer if you aren't in good shape like me....however I have yet to put a heater in the ole TM in the winter. I park it in the garage when it gets cold and I have yet to have a problem. Now if it got down to like below 10 I may have to throw a heater in there but last year it wasn't a problem....hopefully this year will be the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom