Freshwater transfer pump

Farenheit251

For moving water from plastic tank to machine. Thought I heard of a pump that worked without the blue bladder. Anyone know where to get one and approximate cost.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So would it be better to go to the mix tank, or straight to the inlet side of the pump??

Scott Rogers

floorguy said:
So would it be better to go to the mix tank, or straight to the inlet side of the pump??

If you bypass the mix tank you probably wont need a transfer pump as most pressure pumps have plenty of suction.

Mark

Most any RV store will have a variety of pumps with all different flow rates.

Farenheit251

My understanding was that the most 12v pumps weren't made for the short cycling every time I trigger the wand. I had a drum w/ pump on it many years ago but the pump kept burning up. Hence the bladder/balloon which fills upand supplies water allowing the pump to run a gallon or so at a time. Unfortunately the bladder is like $350 so a pump that can short cycle would be cheaper and simpler.
Using the suction from the cat pump would be ideal but the machines I had that did this (butler/WM pto) had the pump at floor level. My machine has the pump near the van roof so it would be alot of uphill distance and I was concerned about starving the pump.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
What's amadder wit yous all......a small holding tank sits right behind yor pump.....OH that would be like a Steam Genie!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NO...a ballcock wit a float in the tank......geeez i THOUGHT i was on the PRO- BOARD!

Shawn needs ta learn yous kiddies better..............

Farenheit251

Called DuaneO and he said that my cat 290 can siphon straight from the tank so I can avoid all the complications. He said it being a psiton pump it has strong suction if it were one of the plunger styles it would need assistance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom