Friend flooded their house!!

Name
John
I have a buddy who's in the restoration business... Was talking about needing to kitchen remodel. Sooooo he flooded his kitchen to turn it in on insurance and let them pay for his remodel. And he's charging them for mitigation.... Crazy

Name
John
I should have rephrased it.... Not really a friend more just someone I've met through business. But yes certainly opened my eyes to the type of person. Unfortunately im sure that it happens more then we know. I wouldn't think insurance would pay his mitigation bill but I guess they do.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Have heard about it many times. Just never actually seen it go thru. Too many bad outcomes for me to actually do that.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I found out an ex-employee had flooded his entire home. he had even gone to the Salvation Army and purchased a bunch of clothing along with other things to bump up the claim.

I found out about it a year or so after the incident. I would have turned him in in a heartbeat. I still get mad when I think about it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree this scumbag has a broken moral compass. :angry:

If he is this crooked I can't imagine what he does with client invoicing. Our industry would be better off without these type of people. :errf:

Reactions: J Scott W

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
i can never understand how people think they can get away with this kind of stuff. No good will come of it. What ever gain they get out of it will be short lived and they will always have to wonder if they really got away with it. Karma sucks and some how some way they will pay it back. The man upstairs is always watching lol

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Carmen Maglio

Name
Majestic Carpet Cleaning
Knew about a pretty big electrical contractor that had done something similar except he left a hot dog on the stove and left. Fire and smoke damage paid for his new kitchen, few years later he was arrested for ripping people off on maintenance contracts. 1 word KARMA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom