Friend of a Friend

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I got a call yesterday from a friend of a very close friend. She apparently had a sewage leak in her crawlspace for quite some time. No vapor barrier so the sewage had seeped into the ground. Her insurance company sent a company out there. I received the call because her house is stinking like sewage and there was a fine layer of dust throughout her house.
So I sent one of my guys out there to do a looksee. Guess what? 1500sf crawls space had 12 FANS, and one drieaz 1200 dehumidifier in it!!!!! the sewage was still puddled ( they didn't extract and dig out the contaminated dirt. They didn't even cover it with LIME!! No airscrubber... No negative pressure...... Mold everywhere......
All the contaminants were being forced into her house. Poor lady. Needless to say, she fired them and hired us.
Thank you for the $7k-9k job!
Anyone else see something like this recently?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They didn't even cover it with LIME!
Those people are crazy! Just stoopid. She needs to call her insurance and let them know what fools they are sending out.

Stay away from Lime. Its not a good choice, I've heard of service people later doing work in the crawl and getting burned from the lime. You don't want or need to be the one responsible for putting lime in there.

And what if there was a full 360 vapor barrier... ?
That would be sweet. suck the contaminants off of it and wash it down if it is salvageable

Last edited by a moderator:

HydroDude

Name
JB
The best way to remove sewage from a crawlspace is to extract it with a vermeer sludge vacuum... how did your guys approach this loss?

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
How much would this extractor cost? We do about 25 of these a year and use the TV but the clean and disinfect of it takes hours.
The best way to remove sewage from a crawlspace is to extract it with a vermeer sludge vacuum... how did your guys approach this loss?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom