Friggin' Snow!!!!!!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm thinking of a new van this year........and it will be 4 wheel drive......straight axle front.......
with a snow plow attachment for the front. We've had over 103 inches this season so far, and more to come. I know 103 inches ain't much to some of you guys, but it makes custys want to put cleaning on hold till it clears up. Can't wait till Spring!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm tired of it too!

It in the 60's a few days ago.........we had 1/4 inch of freezing rain and 5-inches of snow last night.

I hope this is the last one! :x

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ford Fairlane said:
I'm tired of it too!

It in the 60's a few days ago.........we had 1/4 inch of freezing rain and 5-inches of snow last night.

Yeah.....'sposed to be about 55 here on Monday. Here come the water jobs! Sumps will be failing!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ford Fairlane said:
I'm tired of it too!

its not...we got the 1st round of 3 over the weekend....coming your way.... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rwcarpet said:
I'm thinking of a new van this year........and it will be 4 wheel drive......straight axle front.......
with a snow plow attachment for the front. We've had over 103 inches this season so far, and more to come. I know 103 inches ain't much to some of you guys, but it makes custys want to put cleaning on hold till it clears up. Can't wait till Spring!

we got hammered this morning, eh RW?

i left early this morning ...what a fooking mess.
if it wasn't a "had to be done today" day, we'd of all stayed home

..l.T.A.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
meAt said:
rwcarpet said:

we got hammered this morning, eh RW?

i left early this morning ...what a fooking mess.
if it wasn't a "had to be done today" day, we'd of all stayed home

..l.T.A.

Yeah, Larry.......I usually don't take the van out of the warm garage on the nasty days unless I really need to. Course, once you're set up, cleaning ain't no problem. I do carry a snow shovel in the van....just in case. I buried the right rear wheel in mud to the axle on Thursday cause I made a too tight turn. Took about 10 minutes of "rockin" to get er free without calling the tow. Ah....nothing like fresh mud on a white van!!! Same thing yesterday....had a WD job in E Liverpool, next to the Ohio River. Had to take the van into an unpaved ally to get the shack. Today I gotta pull all the hoses out and pressure wash them.

So goes the day.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I feel your pain.....lol....

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

we have had perfect weather..then this small cold front came threw this weekend and dumped enough snow to make an ice cube.....sun is already out and after tonight the temps will be heading back up to the high 70's again.......

Jimbo

I am working on a 90 4x4, Bob...brand new GM Performance engine is taken apart at the Chevy Dealers getting new heads under warranty...

I don't want to plow snow with it...just get to work when I have to in the wintertime...

DSCN0026.jpg

I have a set of 'Onspot Automatic Tire Chains' to put on it also...should be a very capable mountain rig!

Name
R.J. Povio
The shit we gotta have and do to clean peoples carpets!!! a 4x4 van. Whats next? Had a custy cancel twice because the closing date changed on the house they were moving into. Over 3-4 days later they moved in with 1.5-2ft of snow/ice in the driveway. I tried shoveling but the ice was too thick. They guy has a 1500 chevy 4x4 pickup that in 4 wheel drive barely made it up the driveway(that was on an angle). I got so pissed I said to the custy 3 days and nobody can shovel that driveway.....he says maybe you should get a 4 wheel drive van?! I almost lost it on him. I made it up it with my one tire fire Ford van barely. A 400 buck job that could have cost 3000 grand for a tranny.

How about custys just shovel their own driveways and sidewalks???!! I am sick of the snow this winter in Rochester NY. The only good thing is more dirty carpets from the salt and slush! Its going to be a big year for commercial carpet cleaning.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
RWdub.. why not look at a Mitusbishi Fuso 4x4.. if you are serious that it is. I know if I wasn't plowing snow with my pickup in the winter time it would have been pretty tight for myself! Don't think I would want to plow with the carpet van. That is alot of tools to bang around just to make some money in the wintertime.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
sweendogg said:
RWdub.. why not look at a Mitusbishi Fuso 4x4.. if you are serious that it is. I know if I wasn't plowing snow with my pickup in the winter time it would have been pretty tight for myself! Don't think I would want to plow with the carpet van. That is alot of tools to bang around just to make some money in the wintertime.

Just kinda kiddin', Dave. I could imagine the TM and tools banging around the van. Once you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, it just ain't the same. I started plowing back in 76 when nobody had a plow. I bought an old 701/2 Blazer, 3 speed, 4wd, and fixed up the plow on it. It was a good income that winter and the next, but getting up at 4 in the morn to plow, or staying up all nite wasn't cool.

hey...is that a straight up Beagle or a mix....kinda looks like my Bea-bull.

RW

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Don't know.. it was a picture I always liked.. I should try to get my full beagel to do the same pose and replace it.

I hear you about getting up at 4:00 in the morning..

For a few years Ihad way to many accounts like 60 plus. When I saw the sun come and go down 3 or 4 times.. I decided I'd scale back the number of accounts I had.

Back
Top Bottom