From 7...to 2!

Credits
Name
Kevin Dumas
Going to order another Butler possibly and dump this one on someones lap.
!
By now you should be in or near Lemon Law Status.
4 attempts at the same repair or 30 consecutive days out of service (may vary by state).
Seriously, look into it.

No need for you to take the hit.

Credits
Name
Chris
You’d think GM could figure this thing out. This model of van hasn’t changed since what, like ‘06?

It’s making that mini box Butler I saw in AZ look more and more attractive!
2003 with same platform, I think they switched to the 6 speed transmission in 2010-11

Credits
Name
bryan
We need a new van this year, was planing on a GM and a direct drive.
The only way you can guarantee that you'll get a heavy-duty transmission is to order a 6 liter engine. If you don't have a an HD transmission, you can both install an auxiliary cooler or have a shop install a shift kit. It will bang into the next gear, but that stops the sliding between gears that overheats and burns up the tranny.

At minus ten, I doubt overheating is Mark's problem though.

Credits
Name
Ron Marriott
The only way you can guarantee that you'll get a heavy-duty transmission is to order a 6 liter engine. If you don't have a an HD transmission, you can both install an auxiliary cooler or have a shop install a shift kit. It will bang into the next gear, but that stops the sliding between gears that overheats and burns up the tranny.

At minus ten, I doubt overheating is Mark's problem though.
Not sure how the new transmissions operate but I remember working for a guy with a brand new 1988 ford with electronic overdrive. Went through 6 trannys in the first year. One of the problems was at between 35-45mph the tranny couldn't make up its mind which gear it should be in and would keep shifting up and down until it would break something. The solution finally, was to lock it out unless you were on the highway.

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
Wait....did you buy the unit all together from Butler. ....orrrrr buy the truck and had the machine put in...
Last question. ...do they even know who the fook they're dealing wit here...?
Bought full package deal.

Moving up the complaint chain.

Once one of the big dogs gets back from ski trip in Utah Monday my case on his desk.

And longer I have to wait... The old Bad Ass pissed off band director Mark comes out.

Anyone who has called me I have pretty much smoked them past couple days.

Kind and Fooking cuddly gone right now!

Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
I think it is the crankshaft in the motor...

Taking out the torque converter and pump.

Bunch of putz here locally at dealership.

Going to pull the damn thing myself soon and send the bill.

Or just buy new on Monday and start over with the "New Christine"!

Mr Personality
Credits
Name
Fred Boyle
"Soulless piece of shit" :winky:
after all this time I think I've earned a MB emoticon

Seriously tho, Saiger starts with " I own 8 late model vehicles "

And then ends with " maybe I'll just buy another brand new one on Monday"

He sounds like a tycoon complaining about his Bentley payment

Suck it up and stop complaining Rockefeller ...most of these guys can't afford to pay attention

Last edited:
Credits
Name
Mark Saiger
after all this time I think I've earned a MB emoticon

Seriously tho, Saiger starts with " I own 8 late model vehicles "

And then ends with " maybe I'll just buy another brand new one on Monday"

He sounds like a tycoon complaining about his Bentley payment

Suck it up and stop complaining Rockefeller ...most of these guys can't afford to pay attention

7 units..... Pay attention :)

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Damon
Bought full package deal.

Moving up the complaint chain.

Once one of the big dogs gets back from ski trip in Utah Monday my case on his desk.

And longer I have to wait... The old Bad Ass pissed off band director Mark comes out.

Anyone who has called me I have pretty much smoked them past couple days.

Kind and Fooking cuddly gone right now!
Mark, Please video the mad Mark. Still waters run deep.

Credits
Name
Andrew
Have you commented about this on your facebook pg? Tell the dealer that if they don't get it fixed you will start. Nothing makes people feel pain in the butt like their wallet. They are probably a little bummed that you bought the van from somebody else, no excuse tho.

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Damon
Mr Personality
Credits
Name
Fred Boyle
Don't get me started on vehicles today.

I have some nightmares going on with rigs.

I own 8 vehicles.
Friend of mine owns a home in Bonita Springs FL, Cape home and main residence.

Complains about the property tax bills

Boo f'n Hoo

Last edited:
Credits
Name
Matt Ross
Dealerships can be so frustrating. Seems like van problems are common on here. My 2011 Cummins powered ram has 291k miles on it. Not a squeek or rattle. No leaks. I hook up to 15-20k lbs at least once a month. Regularly abuse it with burnouts. No problems for the 70k miles I've owned it. Im leaving for a 1700 mile trip towing a travel trailer with 2k lbs of tools and welder in the back next week and I have 0 worries. Wife's Acura has 230k miles on it with no real problems.
I think the cold is most of your problem. It's tough on rigs.

Credits
Wow Mark. What a horrible mess.
I think we all have what we consider “rockstar” customers. Customers that don’t complain about paying for quality. That tell everyone they know about you when they are happy. Yet are the most patient and understanding when things don’t go perfectly.
It’s tempting to slack off when dealing with those type of people. Ironically the difficult and loud customers are the ones we might not put off or inconvenience. It’s a stupid thing to do but I’m guilty of it occasionally.
I hope Butler appreciates Mark Saiger.
I agree that there is very little chance that his problems have anything to do with Butler. Yet I hope Butler understands that a newer or less reasonable person would have pulled them into this a while ago. If it was their first experience with a Butler, and they listened to the dealer that always try’s to blame the TM manufacturer, ... a newbie would be on every board and social media site complaining.
Don’t get me wrong I genuinely don’t think Butler has anything to to with it. But a new guy would be bankrupt if they spent 70 grand on a new setup they couldn’t use for 6 months.
Saiger would be an amazing customer based solely on the fact the he has repeatedly bought decked out Butlers year after year. But the fact that he is such an awesome public Ambassador for Butler by constantly answering questions from potential and existing Butler customers, regularly making service and maintenance videos, and attending most majors shows. That would justify going to bat for him in a BIG way.

Credits
Name
Reeko
I agree Justin. It's doubtful it's from the Butler unit, we've owned 4 and never once had tranny issues.

I do think it's time that Butler involve themselves. Their greatest cheerleader has what appears to either be a lemon or a dealership incapable of this repair.

While it may not have anything to do with the cleaning unit, the Butler System is sold as a package. This package has a defect somewhere and Mark has given this repair more than reasonable opportunity to be corrected.

With the number of trucks that the Butler Corporation buys, they should have more of a voice in getting this corrected. The handling of this matter by the local dealership is not representative of the kind of service Butler is known for. They are doing a disservice to Butlers good name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts