Fuel cell

Walt

Anybody have one of these in there van to feed the machine? I've been thinking about dropping a gas machine a diesel van. A custom tank installed underneath would cost between 2-3k with a fill cap on the side of the van.

charles

I have a 18 gallon fuel tank mounted in my box truck, its vented outside the truck.
This way I can track my truck mileage and keep the machine fuel separate.
I bought it through Northern Tool. I bought the one with the fuel sending unit
inside so I hooked up a fuel gauge on the machine. Works good.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Hey Walt,

We do that all the time over here with our installations of gas TM's into sprinters and the like.

A drop tank fabricated and installed under your Sprinter shouldn't cost you more than $1,000 over your way. I get them done for sprinters here in Australia for about $ 1000 for the tank only. I could put you in contact with the tank builder and they could build you one and ship it over cheaper than what you have quoted.

But I am sure if you do a little more research you will find someone near you that can assist cheaper than shipping it over from Australia. Let me know if I can help anyhow Walt.

Walt

steve said:
walt....have you considered a diesel powered Tm?

I currently have a diesel machine. Unfortunately the company that made it is no longer in business. It's probably the nicest diesel slide in made. Since I'm a one truck operation, waiting for parts to be made is not something I'm excited about. A week off could prove to be very costly and frustrating. You're right that it would be easier to swap it out with another diesel but I an not interested in any of the current offerings.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
one tip as I run a trailer mounted machine, with a spun aluminum gas tank on the tongue. I used a motorcycle petcock on the bottom of the tank, it holds 15 gals, it runs out with about 3 gals left, so I just flick the valve to reserve and keep right on cleaning.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I can see you spending that much if the finished product includes a nice filler door, fuel gauge and installation, but I'm not sure that you need a custom-built tank.

If you're up to doing some work yourself a 20 gallon plastic fuel cell should run about $200 - even a large aluminum belly tank shouldn't run more than about $500. Add the cost of sender, gauge, filler neck and gas door and you have a few hundred more in parts...

You might try an RV shop if you want a full installation at a lower price.

T

The Magician

Hey meat what the name of the speed shop near you? They may have what he needs.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
steve g said:
one tip as I run a trailer mounted machine, with a spun aluminum gas tank on the tongue. I used a motorcycle petcock on the bottom of the tank, it holds 15 gals, it runs out with about 3 gals left, so I just flick the valve to reserve and keep right on cleaning.

Genius. How long can you run on the reserve?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom