FUEL PUMP FOR PROCHEM APEX TRUCKMOUNT

roto-kleen

Name
Ryan
Can anyone tell me if I can use an regular aftermarket 4.5 psi fuel pump for this unit or does it require the part specifically from Prochem. I'm looking for a second opinion as my dealer obviously wants me to buy the Prochem one as it's alot more money.

Thanks.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
fuel pump

You can use any type of fuel pump as long as the psi rating is comparable. Ask your dealer what the psi rating is and go from there.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
fuel pump

The Prochem fuel pump is rated between 5 and 7 psi because of the return line. The Hydra master pump is rated between 2-4 psi for single line applications. Blueline I'm not sure of but I will find out. So if you have a machine with to and return lines you need at least 5 psi.

roto-kleen

Name
Ryan
The psi rating for my APEX is 4.5 according to my dealer in the states and it is NOT fuel injected. I will be running a return line to my fuel tank. I shouldn't need a regulator should I?
Thanks to all who responded.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Unless something has changed you get a fuel pump as part of the install kit that Prochem sends out FREE with each one of their truckmounts.

Now, they may be charging you for a fuel tap kit which can run around 250.00 depending on your model and year of van.

And, before everyone chimes in and says you can tap into your fuel tank without the expensive kit remember this. Your installer can and would be held liable if they just drilled a hole in the filler neck and ran a line into the tank. You get into an accident and fuel spills out and the van blows up with you in it, you can be sure that the lawyer representing your family would sue the pants off them. So, that is why a "expensive" fuel kit is required. For our liability and to meet D.O.T. regs.

Bottom line? Check to see if they are trying to charge for a fuel pump or if it's the fuel kit to tap into the tank.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
tap kit

my competition in town has been notorious for drilling holes in gas tanks themselves and sticking the fuel line through it. He'll even charge you for a fuel tap kit!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom