Fuel Usage.........

R

R W

I have been able to drop my fuel usage with the addition of The Greenie 2.5 conversion. 100 foot of 2.5 (sometimes just 50 foot), and 2" to the wand. I was burning near 3 GPH with the standard 2" Genesis hookup, but at last check, I'm down to 2 GPH. It's only a gallon, but it's a start.

Another thing I noticed about 2.5 hose.....after use, I have to run the vac with hose connected under load, or I will get water laying in the 2.5 when I roll it up on the electric reel.

No big deal though....

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Is it running at a higher rpm or under less load/less hg providing less stress/fuel consumption on the engine? :?

TimP

1 gallon an hour can equal 30 bucks a day or 600 a month....enough to pay a good chunk of a new TM payment if you're working all month. I'd say a gallon is a good chunk to save an hour.

clean one

My 18 hp B & S burns around 1.1 gallons a hr , i have a TNT in a trailer with it's own fuel tank so i can ck the useage of it.

R

R W

Jay....it runs at a lower RPM, with less stress, but more and stronger vacuum. That hose is downright dangerous if left un-attended. I will always hook up to the wand before connecting to the vac port.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't know why you would have water left in the hose.
maybe let your unit run for a minute or two when your finished. I might have maybe a drop or two of water but nottin is in that hose when I unplug it.
My 2.5 goes to a 3" pipe which goes to the recovery tank. I stopped using my 3" hose. The 2.5 is much easier to use and I fit 100' of it on my reel plus 100 of 2".

John Watson

Last week, when turning on the shaft drive the trk engine started to loap, 148,000 (Machine has a little more than 2000 hours since installed in this van at 110,00) on the odometer nothing but oil and filter changes to engine since I have owned Bought it with 63,000, 3 months ago checked milage on a long run 17 mpg loaded E350 stretch with 120 water tank 1/2 full.

This rig has a 5.4 triton with the plugs on top and the attatched coils to each plug. My poor mechanic had to become a contortionist to change the spark plugs. Took 3 1/2 hrs whew 9 bucks a plug and changed the fuel filter, Truck should be long gone from me before it is needed again!

See, somethings do get better, Wasn't that long ago tune ups every 10-12,000 miles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom