Fugitive Dye on Rug Fringe

Chris A

Name
Chris
This past week I had more rugs than usual to clean in my garage plant. One is really pretty red/blue/white hand knotted beauty that gets peed on every day and bleeds a little every time I clean it (and the homeowner is ok with it.) The other is your standard 9x12 machine made wool. During drying the corner of the bleeder was pushed by the fans on top of the fringe of the machine made rug, now I have blue dye on the fringe of somebody elses' rug:icon_redface:. Is there a way for me to handle this myself or should I just truck this thing up to my local Armenians and let them work magic and pay the bill?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This past week I had more rugs than usual to clean in my garage plant. One is really pretty red/blue/white hand knotted beauty that gets peed on every day and bleeds a little every time I clean it (and the homeowner is ok with it.) The other is your standard 9x12 machine made wool. During drying the corner of the bleeder was pushed by the fans on top of the fringe of the machine made rug, now I have blue dye on the fringe of somebody elses' rug:icon_redface:. Is there a way for me to handle this myself or should I just truck this thing up to my local Armenians and let them work magic and pay the bill?

A good powder reducing agent is the solution to the bleeding.

It would DC Stripper Powder in our line.

It is a hazmat, so best shipped with a freight order.

Larry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom