Fullpage ad in local paper, due Wed 18th

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Only costing $200!! Full page ad going in the local paper here in Sooke, which most everyone reads. About 4500 distribution. A lot of health conscious nuts, er, people live here. Quite a few elderly, and about 500 new homes. I've had some people keep my ads for a months afterwards. I was thinking of a more informational ad that would answer peoples questions before they asked, plus give them a reason to call.

10inch x 14 inch ad, 11 point print.

Would more pictures help?
Comments??

SookeMirrorFullpageadFeb2009.jpg

time for bed!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Nice Job!

I clicked on your post thinking what a waste of money, but I was totally wrong. Your information is likely to be the most interesting thing in that paper. That’s an accomplishment that is had to replicate.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"I don't claim to be the best cleaner, I just out work the best. "
I'd delete or rephrase this line. I think I understand your point, but everything else in the copy points to you being the best, yet it sounds as if there is someone better, but you work harder.

I wouldn't add any more photo's it's good as is.

If you feel it needs to be tweeked, I'd down size the photo to give yourself more white space.

Great piece, good luck with it!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Pictures keep people interested.
If they see that much print, they may lose interest...of course not as much as something else because it is, in fact, in a newspaper.

Any good marketer will tell you that a picture is a must...why? Because it's worth 1000 words of course.

You will do well with what you have but I would ad a couple of pics to liven it up a bit.

I haven't read the print yet but I will try to get to it later.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: Full Page ad in local paper, due Wed 18th

I'm not trying to be negative . But I think your ad is designed for carpet cleaners not for your target clients.

Tons of reasons.

Just a few:

No testimonials

Should include a warm inviting picture of someone enjoying their newly cleaned home. (kids, pets, family)

Customer could mainly careless about your equipment.
They care about: results, problem solving, convenience.

List common customer problems and how you will make them go away.
That's all customer really care about.

The ad should have bullet points so it could be skimmed.

It's too wordy! Brian not having time to read it is a perfect example(The text may be better suited to your web page.)

Your phone number, vague call to action and confusing special are buried in the text.

Your photo would be better as a white knock out of you inviting the reader into the text.

The good side for 200 bucks one job will pay for it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thanks guys
I wrote the text in Word and then just fit it in. I ran out of room :roll:
I wanted to put some testimonials in, and yes, solving a problem. I'll have to go back to my BNI 10 Min Presentation, I have some before/after of a red wine spill. The owner will see that and make a comment to me later :lol: She keeps doing that with a fringe bef/aft pic I've used.

Back to the drawing board.

Here's the copy:
Sooke Mirror full page ad copy
Lets get right down to it.
You know when you’ve hired a cleaner and they are in and out of your house in about an hour, they leave the carpet very wet, it still doesn’t even look clean, AND they charged you a couple hundred dollars more than they quoted you over the phone.
OR
You know when you hired that company because of the low price and weren’t really happy with the way it looked afterward.

If you can relate to these experiences, read further, check out my website. I take my work seriously because if you’re not happy, you won’t refer me, and that’s my livelihood.

I'm armed with the latest tweaks of the industry in both equipment and chemistry to allow me to clean your fabrics safely and effectively and thoroughly.

My service isn't for everyone so I'm happy to refer you to good budget cleaners that would fit your cleaning needs.

But if you really care about extending the life of your carpets and upholstery, if you suffer from minor allergies, and you need to know that it is as clean as humanly possible, call me to schedule a quote at 250-881-4382.

Price
I am the most expensive cleaner in Sooke. BUT, I am worth every penny and then some. You will pay the same price for some cleaners by the time they add on the extras, but you won’t get the same job. My basic cleaning is more thorough than their deluxe!
So you can spend a little and think your carpets are clean OR you can spend a little more and KNOW they are clean!

Certification
I am an IICRC Certified Master Textile Cleaner, the highest level of certification in the industry,
the only one local in Sooke.

Equipment
There have been a LOT of changes in equipment design over the past couple years. With the latest design in truck mounted equipment and tools I am able to utilize the power and heat from the cleaning plant to clean your fabrics more effectively and leave them dryer than ever before. If you like engines and gadgets etc, just ask to show you all the new tweaks when I come to clean. Its the only truck mount local in Sooke.

Solutions
In looking for a “green” cleaning solution that is safe for the environment and for people, esp me since I am using these solutions every day, and also doesn’t lack in performance, I have found a cleaning solution that uses a blend of sodium borate, which most people would know as Borax, and citrus oil that is a couple steps below food grade. Used with a matching rinse solution, the carpet is left residue free and extremely soft. This product has been the talk of the industry for the last year with cleaners amazed with it’s results.

**Vacuuming**
This is the most important step in the cleaning process and should be a no-brainer, however, it is often neglected. Dry particulate soil makes up almost 80% of all the soil in a carpet. If it gets wet it will stick to the fibres and turn to mud. Ever try to get a wet hair off your hand??

In order to clean your carpet, or upholstery, I need to remove the soil. Oddly enough, if I remove the soil it will also look clean too!
Its just that simple and makes sense.

The draw back to soil removal is that it takes extra time and effort. I’ll take just as long as any other cleaner just in vacuuming!

By thoroughly, and sometimes painstakingly slow vacuuming, I am able to remove most of the dry soil OUT of the carpet before it gets wet. THEN I steam clean the remaining soil OFF of the carpet.

Warrantees
To maintain your warrantee, manufacturers are now requiring that all maintenance of carpets be performed by IICRC Certified cleaners. They also require cleaning/maintainance at a minimum of every 12 to 18 months. One benefit of my service is that I can provide a history of your maintenance should you need it for a warrantee claim.

Protectant
Every new carpet has protectant applied at the factory. It is designed to prevent soil from sticking to the carpet fibres and will also cause oil and water to bead up. Over time, just like a car polish, it will wear off. Regular reapplication of the protectant finish will not only allow you to vacuum up more soil but will make your carpet last longer.

Moving Furniture
Moving furniture is relatively easy today. With a Lift Buddy, Sticky Tabs, and Slide Glides, most furniture is easily moved and replaced with protective tabs under the legs to prevent wood and rust stains while the carpet is drying.

Dry Times
It varies with the type of fabric and design of the carpet, but usually carpets are dry in 4 to 6 hrs conservatively, and definitely over night. Remember, I am washing your carpets thoroughly. Many times they will feel almost dry by the time I finish, but just to be safe, give it time to dry before replacing furniture.

Walking on the Carpet
There’s no problem walking on the carpet. In fact I will leave you with plastic booties for over your shoes to prevent accidental resoiling.
When its dry, try to avoid wearing absorbent foot wear, i.e. leather soled slippers. These will absorb soils which will track onto the carpet leaving those ugly dark traffic lanes.

Misconceptions
Contrary to hearsay, steam cleaning will NOT damage carpet IF properly cleaned. On the contrary, my cleaning process leaves the carpet cleaner and softer so it won’t wear it out as fast.

How Often
Carpets and upholstery should be cleaned at least every year to year and a half (12 to 18 months) but depending on the traffic and use, sometimes its recommended for every 6 months. Consider that you wash your kitchen floor every week but all the oils and such get tracked onto the carpet. Most times it gets cleaned every couple years!!! And people wonder why the carpets get so ugly and why they develop allergies!

Allergies
Allergies are caused by particles you can’t see; they are sub-micron. At night when the air is still, these particles will settle to the floor. Carpeting traps these particles. On a hard surface however, the slightest air movement, i.e. you walking to the bathroom first thing in the morning, will send millions of these particles into the air you breathe.

So many people are ripping up carpet and replacing it with hard surface because “carpets are bad”. I’m now hearing many say they would rather have the carpet back. In fact a Swedish study from 1973 to 1990 discovered that allergy incidents increased when carpets were removed!

Don’t replace your carpet.
Just clean it!!

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Just a few toughts...

Pick a headline, any headline, to tell people what you do.

Give an intro of some kind so people don't have to read the whole thing to get the gist.

Put your face front and center. Put your logo and contact info "at the end."

If you're offering a discount make it easy to find.

Break out your services so they're easy to find.

I don't see a problem with long copy but I wouldn't talk about your hack competitors. You're preaching the choir and it can look petty. They want to hear about YOU! Pick out the important stuff and edit it down till it fits.

ronNP.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Right, forgot about the Headline! major oops!
Its been a long time since I wrote an "ad" . MOstly I've been writing newsletter style.

I'm not sure if I can get it changed yet, the deadline was today. I'll see what I can do. Thanks Wayne.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
good concept however way too wordy, I wonder will people read all that . also you need to have them run a spell check whats odour control? does the iicrc offer a odour control class oops lol! its odor ya fix that spelling

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
juniorc82 said:
good concept however way too wordy, I wonder will people read all that . also you need to have them run a spell check whats odour control? does the iicrc offer a odour control class oops lol! its odor ya fix that spelling

I see you don't speak CanEHdian :wink:

Yes, people will read that. I've sent flyers out that had just as much copy and got some great jobs and comments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom