Funeral Services for Paul Thompson

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
I don't know if any of the cleaners here knew Paul, or were friends with Paul, but I wanted to post his service information in case you are. Here he is with his wife (and best friend) Ginny:

GinnyandPaul.jpg

Paul was president of Connections for several years, past president of NEIRC, and served on the IICRC board for a number of years - and was always the one working to clean things up, get things done, and never seemed to ever ask that any credit ever be given to him for it.

That's just how he was. He wanted to make a difference while others wanted to make a name (and a buck) for themselves.

He was one of the few truly good guys in the political side of this industry who did things because it was right, and not to be popular. And he stood by his values, always... and was an amazing man to his family, and to this industry, and to his friends. I was honored to work under his leadership at Connections, and with him at IICRC. He did so much good in both places.

He is going to be deeply missed by many of us. And I just wanted to pass along the information that was sent to me in case any of you would like to pay your respects, or send along your condolences.

===

Visitation and wake is Thursday June 23 at 4-8 pm
Service is Friday June 24. at 11 am

Both are at
Elliott, Woodworth, and Rodgers Funeral home
35 Green Street,
Newburyport, MA 01950
(978) 462-4323

In lieu of Flowers, Donations may be made in honor of Paul J Thompson

to the following Organizations :

Joslin Diabetic Center
1 Joslin Place
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 732-2400

or

YWCA of Nashville
1608 Woodmont Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37215-1524
(615) 269-9922

or

The Charity of your choice

Paul is survived by his wife Ginny, his daughter Lyndsay, and his son Blake. If you would like to send cards directly to them, PM me and I will give you their address... I don't want to post that here.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thank you for posting this Lisa.

Paul exhibited a rare combination of moral courage and principled conduct and at the same time deep personal humility and compassion.

When I served on the board of the IICRC, I could count on Paul to do the right thing, even if if it wasn't the "popular" thing.

I am a better man for having known him, and there is an empty place in my heart now that he's gone. It's too easy to call people we know in business "friends" when we really mean "associates"

Paul Thompson was my friend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom