Furniture Stain Removal Suggestions

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I have a furniture stain removal this afternoon. Planning on trying a heat transfer. Any other suggestions?
1539190165737.jpeg

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's a contact stain that could have been remove more easily soon after it happened.

Because you don't use a prespray/clear rinse system it will happen often if not blocked.

Because it is a contact stain it isn't deep. I would carefully shave it.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have a furniture stain removal this afternoon. Planning on trying a heat transfer. Any other suggestions?
View attachment 85354

Are you certain its from wood? Before you try any chemistry on it, make sure you know its source.

Don't discount Lee Stockwell's advice; back when we had a cleaning company, we removed (too) many furniture stains by shaving or snipping the tips. You may need to be imaginative to find a way to get the customer out of the room.

A dish of ammonia and an airmover used to do the trick for us. Concealing the razor and/or scissors in a towel is also helpful.

Yes, we had a multi-truck operation once, and a colorful cast of characters who worked for us as well.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Crew Pre-Sprayed bedroom and livingroom. Moved furniture, including the piece that caused this, cleaned the BR, clean behind furniture in LR, moved furniture back and discovered it bled. Tried to clean it right then but wouldn’t budge. The furniture sat on the pre-spray probably 30 minutes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The furniture sat on the pre-spray probably 30 minutes.

Furniture Stain Removal Suggestions

a knife is the only sure cure
shave if can
section a piece if a piece is available

g'luck with any chemistry , but most of us know, you're screwed .
Hopefully the custy is an easy going, peace love and hippy bead, forgiving pacifist that already has some permanent stains she lives with

going forward, I have two words.... "sticky tabs"

and get 'em on before the pre-spray

..L.T.A.

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The lesson to be learned here is put sticky tabs on the furniture before prespraying when everything is dry to allow proper adhesion. I know it's too late now but by doing that you can eliminate future problems. And never leave naked wood on damp carpet. Ever. Period. A patch will always be a patch. If you take it from a closet, odds are sun bleaching will result in a visit from Captain Obvious. Shaving might be your only alternative.
( don't pay attention to Chavez unless you need to find out how to scrub a toilet)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What are the clients expectations? Are they willing to accept some appearance damage? or is it back to as was or you're buying new?

My feeling is you can improve it but what good is 40% better?

steve_64

Stain magic and cover with saran wrap and put the chair back on it.

Wait a few days before checking.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The normal 100% solvent gel would be my first try with a cold rinse. Then a P.I.G. with cold water to rinse would be my next try. I don't think any stain magic will do anything to it.

Reactions: Jimmy L

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
He can play with UV light flashlight on it with all the spiel. Cobb?! Though by the time he's done (time consuming), replacement would have been the cheaper alternative.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here are 2 products I use for furniture stains with about a 75% success rate. Test them on a scrap piece of carpet first to see how far you can go without pulling the carpet dye out. Products are available from your local dry cleaning supplier. The Streepene powder can be accelerated with acetic acid. Get ready to rinse fast.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
quickest and easiest fix is what Lee said early on

chemical attempt I'd go BPs avenge spotter, rinse and dry stroke to death

followed by solvent, rinse dry stroke etc

grunty reducer mix with heat transfer.. and maybe your still stuffed

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I was in the middle of staging trailers and generators to head to Panama City in the morning for this hurricane but has some red relief, Stanley Steemer spotter and an iron in my service van. Heat transfer worked alright. Crew is heading there in the morning to rinse. Then I’ll be back to touch it up some more when I return next week. Thanks all for the suggestions. Some carpet shears may be in my future.
1539226500216.jpeg

1539226223193.jpeg

The culprit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom